Remembering the Hurlfield Youth Club

Ive just found out that the Hurlfield Youth Club has been demolished, it brought back a lot of memories of great times there when I was at Hurlfield in the 70s. The disco, snooker table and the snack bar were the main attractions for me, what do you remember about it?

I remember spending the night in there once..

We were raising money for a new satellite for the school and we were doing a sponsored sit..

It was called "sit for the sat" :D

We were obviously supposed to stay sitting down all night, but none of us did.. :D

This was in the late 80's early 90's.. :)

I remember the youth club ,i used to live across the road from it used to go there in the early eighties dancing to the Human League with my mates and winding all the lads up nicking the balls off the pool table.My parents still live across the road from it and when i went to visit monday the youth club was still there,its the rest of the school which has been knocked down.

I thought the youth club had been knocked down with the rest of the old school!! Is it still being used as a youth club then donna? Im not in Sheffield very often and i was shocked when I saw the school flattened...was sad to see!!

Hi, been up to my parents today and the youth club is definately still standing.I dont know if its still used as a youth club but its had a face lift and new security shutters .

It was the pinball for me (in the 70`s)

Me too! and the Xmas Party after the school concerts. I think it is now a playgroup or similar?

Still remember a prize being given for who could guess the correct length to play all of bohemian rhapsody, how sad is that

Edited by Cath_T
Did sommat wrong and it went in twice! Sorry

Ive just found out that the Hurlfield Youth Club has been demolished, it brought back a lot of memories of great times there when I was at Hurlfield in the 70s. The disco, snooker table and the snack bar were the main attractions for me, what do you remember about it?

I used to go to Hurlfield school until 1978 and of course the youth club both at lunchtimes and also at night. I remember dancing in the disco and the lads turning off all the lights and grabbing all the girls the filthy little gits! lol :hihi: I also remember the great music we used to play there too 70s glam rock and of course my fav Northern Soul. We used to have a good laugh there. :love:

Fond memories...met my husband humperlumper there! I remember a sponsored all nighter and the guys spent half the time deep frying anything they could - such as strawberries ! This would be around 1980/81 .

Used to go in there in the 70's, yes the snooker table, pinball, table tennis, disco, anyone remember the snack bar, with the milk shakes and Dundee biscuits!......mmm, bring back the Dundee biscuit I say........mint cracknell while you're at it too!!.

Regards acman, (Mr Tompkins class circa 72-77).

Used to go in there in the 70's, yes the snooker table, pinball, table tennis, disco, anyone remember the snack bar, with the milk shakes and Dundee biscuits!......mmm, bring back the Dundee biscuit I say........mint cracknell while you're at it too!!.

Regards acman, (Mr Tompkins class circa 72-77).

Awh! the Dundee biscuit used to cost 2p from the tuck shop and Hurlfield school and at the youthy. I remember Mr Tompkins from those times he used to teach PE and Geography he was lovely unlike his female version of Mrs Matthews!! Mrs Rotherforth was lovely too! Can you still buy the Dundee biscuit and does it taste the same? Cost more than 2p each no doubt!!:hihi: