Hypnotherapy for losing weight

Hi Clare, you are talking about a hypnotic gastric band. This approach has gained a lot of media attention over the last few years but in my opinion is not appropriate for the majority of people who enquire about this treatment.

A hypnotic gastric band boils down to an imagined decrease in stomach capacity leading to feeling fuller sooner so less food is put in so weight loss follows. This focuses on the final stage of weight gain...the details of what you put into your body and how much you put in. At the very beginning of the process is a feeling which is turned into a thought or an idea. This leads to beliefs which leads to action. When you tackle the action side of things you leave all the feelings, thoughts and ideas in place and hope that the reduction in capacity over rides them.

I find it is much more effective to help people to focus on the early stages of the process, thereby nipping things in the bud before they develop so there is no need to reduce capacity because the thoughts and feelings have changed.

This approach for weight reduction is often the best approach for people who are emotional eaters or mindless eaters as it tackles the origins of these states which is usually nothing to do with food.

For some people a hypnotic gastric band CAN be a good solution. It tends to be those who eat to excess (even though they know they have had enough) and do this without there being an emotional or mindless element who are most appropriate for this approach.

If you want more information on hypnotic gastric bands just have a look at my web page on the issue.

For the most part, exercise isn't even all that important if all you're looking to do is lose weight. The amount of calories lost in an average workout don't really add up to much, but the calories gained from snacking, soda and fatty meals really do.

For the most part, exercise isn't even all that important if all you're looking to do is lose weight. The amount of calories lost in an average workout don't really add up to much, but the calories gained from snacking, soda and fatty meals really do.

I couldn't agree more Oryx! There have been a number of studies done that have shown that exercising to lose weight is rarely effective. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying stay on the sofa!! But if you are going to the gym to "burn off calories" you are right in that you burn off very few calories.

Much better to not eat it in the first place! If you don't put it in, you can't put it on!

---------- Post added 26-11-2015 at 09:55 ----------

I highly recommend Richard! Off for my next therapy tonight.

Thanks for your recommendation Victoria! In my experience, a personal recommendation can be very helpful for those that might be a little unsure about hypnotherapy and how it might be able to help.

Just wondering if you tried it Victoria?

I'm interested in weight loss hypnotherapy myself so would love to hear your experience

:D

Has any one had hypnotherapy in sheffield weight loss and did it work ? What does it entail and what are the costs? Can anyone enlighten me please?

day-break, I tried it.

A lady I worked with is qualified and did it for me free.

All I can say is if I had paid for it I would be gutted, It didn't work in fact I thought it was a waste of time.

It wasn't a spur of the moment decision we had discussed it for some time and I thought it might work.

If you want to pay £ to lose lb go swimming like I do, and eat less.

Sorry for the late reply Day Break - Hypnosis for weight reduction can help. Finding the right therapist can be a big element in the potential outcome. I have no idea who Orangepip worked with but there is always the possibility that it won't work....nothing as they say is guaranteed in life.

What can increase the potential for success is working with someone professional, ethical and experienced. A great hypnotherapist will have reviews. Not wanting to sound big headed or anything but I have 50+ 4 and 5 star reviews from people very happy with the experience they had working with me. I got another of these reviews just today from someone I worked with. His review is:

"I saw Richard during the course of four sessions to help me get my weight under control without going on some magic diet. Richard is a lovely, friendly, and knowledgeable person, who made me feel at ease from the word go. The sessions where highly enjoyable and allowed me to explore the inner knowledge and strength that I already possessed but wasn't aware of, by being nudged in the right direction. I immediately saw a change in my eating habits which have resulted steady loss of around 1 kg per week (16 kg in total so far) without much change in what I eat. Through the sessions, I have learn to regain control of my eating and to allow myself to enjoy food again. If you are serious about losing weight and need someone who you can trust to help you, I can HIGHLY recommend hypnotherapy with Richard! Many thanks :)"

His review is on my Google My business page and many of the other reviews are featured on my website http://www.sheffield-hypnosis.co.uk/reviews and links to the websites where the reviews were originally posted are also included on this part of my website.