Wedding reception venues

I am getting married at the end of june, and need to find a place with a function room where i can have an evening party. It has to be on a low budget too, and on the mosborough side of sheffield. Any advice would be so helpful :)

We were married last may at the Clumber Park hotel nr Worksop - its worth the short travel. Fantastic staff, wedding co-ordinator couldn't of been more helpful, food out of this world - no complaints from our 80no guests. And you can stay over with use of their new spa - Fab day!!

We got married at the Tapton Masonic Hall, that was lovely..... the staff were very firendly and helpful, the food was lovely, very very good day had by all. Our guests enjoyed the day and commented on how lovely the place was, and it wasn't too expensive.... some places charge a fortune and they weren't as nice when we were looking around.

Mosborough Miners welfare club, or Queens Pub. both have function rooms.

Hi, these are just some of the venues i have done some wedding work for:-

Norfolk Arms - Ringinglow

Whirlowdale Hall _ Whirlow

Royal Victoria - Victoria Quays

Ridgeway Arms - Ridgeway

The Boardwalk - Sheffield Centre now do weddings

Ringwood Hall- Chesterfield

Sitwell Arms - Renishaw

Niagra- hillsborough

Baize snooker club - Beighton

Beauchief Golf Club - beauchief

Bondhay golf club - worksop

Aston Hall - Aston

Mosborough Hall- Mosborough

Sheffield United football ground

Sheffield Wednesday football ground

HSBC Dore - Dore

Devonshire Arms - Dore

Red Lion - Todwick

St Marys church - Bramall Lane

The Old Rectory - Handsworth

Davy Sporting club - Darnall

If you need any more details or numbers etc dont hesitate to PM me xx

Appreciate your work! Actually I also happened to find similar venues already mentioned in your list. Good luck Garthy!

--------------------

London Caterers

( Rhubarb.net )

im having lots of trouble trying to find a venue like this in sheffield

what venues have you tried so far? I know most have minimum numbers for hire but I thought it was around 50-60.

well ive been looking at the hotels mainly, as i dont want a traditional sit down wedding breakfast, just an evening style doo, and minimum numbers i have been given so far are 60 and it will be extreme good luck if i get that many and then they want up to 120

i found static off west st though it looks a bit chavvy for my tastes, had perfect numbers and dj

I'm having my reception this august at the wig and pen in cathedral quarter, its still classy but quite good for a smaller, more relaxed reception, although they will cater to your needs. So you can go as formal or as casual as you like.

http://www.wigandpensheffield.com/functions

Here's the web site, and i know i sound like a raving a little but they really have been fantastic with us.

Try Wood Lane Countryside Centre Stannington, Lovely venue Iam getting married there.

As others have suggested you might be better trying smaller venues, there are a few in the city centre that are reasonable. I would second the recommendation from Jen about the wig and pen its a lovely intimate venue.