Sheffield Forgemasters

Would that be Ted Dickinson?

Clown,

I remember ESC's power station very well also the reservoir.I lived on Limpsfield Rd and as a kid we used to play on Jimmy Childs quarry( Red Hills ) and occationally we would go up to the 'reser', squeeze through the railings and throw stones into the water.The pumping station was opposite the Crown pub.The water from the Don was unbelievably polluted, heaven knows what it did to the inside of the boilers.I have just come across an article in a 1995 Internatioal Stationary Steam Engine journal which says that ESC's power station was commissioned in 1936 and ceased opperation in May 95.There is a lot of other detail of the power station in the article, too much to write here though.

Would that be Ted Dickinson?

Hi PopT - no, Arthur Dickinson. Also at Brightside Lane was Ann, who worked in Reprographics. Alan was at Tinsley and Ken worked on Chambers Lane.

faith.luttre

Sorry wrong Dickinson.

PopT

Hi PopT - no, Arthur Dickinson. Also at Brightside Lane was Ann, who worked in Reprographics. Alan was at Tinsley and Ken worked on Chambers Lane.

Flo,

Did Arthur have 3 brothers Lesley, Charles (Eric) and Harris?

Ta

--

Brinny