Can anyone recommend a good cattery?

I live in S7 and am looking for a good cattery to look after my cat for a few days whilst i am away.

I have looked at a few and used one previously but at £9.30 per day and the fact that my poor kitty can back starving and was shoved into his box to come home with a very rough hand i thought i would look else where,. they also owned two very large Alsations that walked around the outside of the pens freely!

I have recently moved to the area and the previous cattery he went to near Doncaster (top cats in Harworth) was brilliant! he never wanted to come home!!

I would like to find somewhere similar - i will travel but Doncaster is really too far, and i also do not mind paying a top price as long as the care warrants it.

Can anyone help??

sarahx

Have you thought about having a pet sitter visit your cat in your own house? There are a couple of people on here who offer this service, and we've used it before when family and friends weren't free to care for our cats. We find that our cats are much happier to stay in their own home. For that reason I'm don't know which cattery is the best in the Sheffield area, but I'm sure someone will come along soon who does know.

we used roslyn mews cattery on abbey lane for years and our cat loved it,the staff were fantastic.

We've used Westwood Cattery on the odd time our car has had to go to a cattery and we've had no problems. My mum has used them for years too.

We cover netheredge, Sharrow and surrounds, we are fully insured , enhanced CRB checked, and we have 100% checkable references. Catteries can be stressful for your cats , and we have quite a few customers who feel the same way.

If you need or want to talk to us please click on the link below.

I like many other first time cattery users was very worried about going away, but after reading other recommendations on the Forum I took my cat to Cloughfields Cat Hotel near Crosspool, and would take him back again, no probs.

He was well looked after / fed whilst we were away.

We use Meers cattery in s8 - our 2 have just returned from a 16 night stay.

Nice big pens, nice setting and friendly staff that have a genuine interest in the animals - my mum in law also uses there and is happy with it too.