Are there still loads of Blackberries about? And any Damson locations?

I was just wondering if there are still any Blackberries about or is it a bit late? I will go and look but am currently stuck at work. Also has anyone seen any Damsons?

Ta

:)

I haven't seen any damsons but I have seen lots of blackberries

If you take a trip to worsborough dam there are greengage and damson growing over the path as you walk around the perimeter.

It is a nice walk to Wentworth Castle if you start from the dam and follow the TPT.

Sloes can also be found in this area

Anyone got specific good locations for blackberries in south/west sheff??? I've got some apples and want to make some blackberry and apple puree.

I bought (eek sorry!) damsons from Fruit Appeal in Broomhill. Just ove £2 for a kilo - but FREE IS BEST...

I've not been up this year, but I've always found plenty of blackberries up in Bolehill / fields behind the cemetery in Crookes. There are plenty of footpaths (and brambles) criss-crossing that whole triangle of land between Rivelin Vally and Manchester Road. Closer to Hunter's Bar, I would guess the Porter Valley might be a good bet - follow the path west(ish) through Bingham Park.

Anyone got specific good locations for blackberries in south/west sheff??? I've got some apples and want to make some blackberry and apple puree.

I bought (eek sorry!) damsons from Fruit Appeal in Broomhill. Just ove £2 for a kilo - but FREE IS BEST...

I think you have pretty much missed the blackberries, Ones near me are all over. When did you get your Damsons?

There seem to be different blackberries around. In S4 they were great about 3 weeks ago and now gone except for a few canes that are producing now rather than then. Pretty much over though. I made some elderberry and apple jam today - very nice :)

I know there are damsons at abbydale industrial hamlet but dont know if they will let you have them. I took the kids the other year and made some damson jam with them.

I saw loads on Southgrove road last week (Just off Ecclesall Rd).

Here's a link to a map and google street view

Theyre are tonnes hanging over the retaining wall on the left hand side or the road. You'll need a ladder, but you should be able to pick hundreds!