Derren Brown predicts the lottery numbers..

no trick, he's always said he's not a magician, or psychic etc, he's just a very good psychologist, mathematician, and good at probabilities etc.

he said he's spent a year doing it, he'll probably be using something like the wheel system, and probability factors, kind of like he did with the horse race bets a couple of years ago.

he will have studied the balls each week, noted down what they were on each draw (Weds and saturday) and worked them out logically using probability factors..

he covered his back at the start by saying he's only aiming to get 5 correct,

he also did it on the wednesday draw when the probability of being correct is higher.

there's also the possibility of a well positioned projector to project the numbers onto the balls as/after he's turned the stand round, something like that would be easy and simple to set up, wouldn't take much practice and would work perfect.

Or, Just watch on Friday and find out how he did it.

He didn't work anytinhg out for the horseracing - he just had lots of people and you didn't see the ones that lost.

He's worked nothing out for this trick either. I didn't see the programme, but he hasn't actually said what the numbers will be has he? It will be a sleight of hand trick - he won't know what comes out until it happens.

He didn't work anytinhg out for the horseracing - he just had lots of people and you didn't see the ones that lost.

He's worked nothing out for this trick either. I didn't see the programme, but he hasn't actually said what the numbers will be has he? It will be a sleight of hand trick - he won't know what comes out until it happens.

no, he said he was not allowed to show the numbers before the BBC as camelot said he couldn't (since if he was right, it takes the exclusivity away from the BBC)

Basically they were turned round, back to us, in view for the whole show, he turned on the BBC on a screen, saw the numbers, wrote them on a board, turned off the TV, moved over to the stand with the balls on, and turned it round with one hand to reveal the numbers..

Watch it here...

or side by side...

Edited by Ghozer

just for the record, he is a mentalist. I don't mean he is mad, I mean it is a type of illsionist. A very good one. So while he makes lots of claims, it is for the sake of entertainment. He is a magician who incorporates all types of magic and as pointed out, not all his tricks get screened because some fail some of the time (like the one where he got people to voluntarily give him their wallets and keys and phones)

So c'mon then how did he do it? must be some trick somewhere as you couldnt see the numbers before the draw

There's already a thread about it here.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=509213

A clue I spotted is that Derren Brown puts his hand over his mouth as the numbers are being called out and appears to be talking into his hand after each number is announced, and he also takes his hand away from his mouth as soon as the 6 numbers have been annouced.

I'm sure this has something to do with the trick.

Just on the theories that someone wrote them on..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212370/How-did-THAT-Derren-Brown-predicts-winning-lottery-numbers--hell-reveal-method-Friday.html

Look at the picture - the numbers are definitely printed on.

They'd have to either be replaced entirely or.....well or something!

It could quite easily be done using some sort of camera editing or super imposing as people are suggesting, however, having seen all of Derren's TV work and seen him live a number of times, and owning a few of his teach yourself magic videos, playing around with cameras just doesn't seem his style.

I imagine it will be something much simpler and more manual than that, something he does himself (rather than relying on technical camera people) - he's excellent at sleight of hand tricks, so he could easily move the balls and distract you while he does it, or it's something to do with the numbers themselves, but not sure what!

My initial thought was the same as someone posted earlier on this thread, that he filmed the same clip over and over again, with different numbers each time, but the number of combinations are immense, and like I said, that's not really his style.

all will be revealed on friday night as to how he did it

It would be more realistic if he had bought, or had someone in the production team buy a ticket and show it after the draw. Then it could be checked for authenticity and destroyed afterwards so as not to affect the winnings.

Its just a clever trick

He is brilliant Ry ry Rydian, come on admit it, he is amazing. Not smarmy at all, come on mate, I have met you and you know true smarm ;)