Derren Brown predicts the lottery numbers..

In which case why not show us his prediction before the results came up on BBC?

Well, I'm not saying that did do it this way, but merely saying that the split screen theory isn't the simplest way of doing things.

Derren Brown said that he couldn't reveal the numbers until after the draw because of some legal thing......although I have my doubts about this.

Although Paul Daniels did say he once approached the BBC about doing a similar lottery trick a few years back, but they wouldn't let him do it because according to the BBC the viewers might think the lottery was somehow fixed.

This is what Derren Brown wrote on his twitter page:

"Morning. Speculation this morning fantastic. Lasers, split screens, tiny LED readouts in the balls. I am loving today. Hope you are well."

Perhaps Brown is deliberately keeping people asking questions just to keep the "How did he do it debate" alive.

Edited by Kingmaker2

If it was to do with delay in the live broadcast we would have heard by now. So many people not on the DB production team would know the lottery wasn't live and we would have had the answer. Split screen is the simplest solution so why would he do anything else?

I think I have said all I want to on this now. We could go round in circles for ever, I was obsessed with it for a few days as it was very intriguing. I am happy in my mind as to how it was done, so I will agree to disagree with anyone who doesn't think split screen is the most likely method.

It's the standard magicians trick, making the switch without you seeing how it's done.

Just the same as producing the long paper at the end of his show with the prediction of what will happen.

The big waste of time was last nights hour which was billed as how he did it.

I naively thought he was going to explain how he did the switch, which would be worth knowing.

Instead all we got was a load of rubbish about an audience dreaming up numbers.

He made a mistake having a David Blaine programme sandwiched in between his programmes. It made him look amateur.

I

He made a mistake having a David Blaine programme sandwiched in between his programmes. It made him look amateur.

Although a recorded program, some othe tricks that Blane did were simply mind boggling.

How on earth did he do the, move the spot on the dollar bill stunt:?:

Or the playing card transferred onto the matches packet:?:

Or the phone image on the dollar bill:?:

Or how about his own lotto ticket stunt?

Of course Blaine could have just employed actors to look amazed but I'm not sure that was the case here.

You must admit Blane has got true guts, catching that bullet in the cup in his mouth!:gag:

Edited by Kingmaker2

Blaine is very entertaining. It is not the quality of the tricks that makes people stand out but the way they "sell" it and the quality of their showmanship. He is among the best.

Anybody interested in how Blaine does some of his tricks have a look at this pdf -

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/pdfs/misc/david_blaines_magic_revealed.pdf

It does spoil the magic of it somewhat so don't read it unless you are prepared to be a bit disappointed! :)

Blaine is very entertaining. It is not the quality of the tricks that makes people stand out but the way they "sell" it and the quality of their showmanship. He is among the best.

Anybody interested in how Blaine does some of his tricks have a look at this pdf -

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/pdfs/misc/david_blaines_magic_revealed.pdf

It does spoil the magic of it somewhat so don't read it unless you are prepared to be a bit disappointed! :)

Just had a quick look Cynic but the ones I mentioned in yesteday's program aren't in there.

Some of those methods I was aware of already, like the coin tricks and levitation.

Did you watch his program last night?

I am particuarly intrigued by the moving the spot on the dollar bill, and the picture of face from camera phone onto the dollar bill and the card transferred onto the back of the matches trick.

In the build up to how Derren predicted the numbers he said people were open to sugestability, so in my opinion the way he showed you was just a suggestion, it's up to the individual person if they believe it or not? I personnally don't, because if he could do this then he'd be working the numbers out right now and having a quid on tonights rollover! It was a trick in my opinion.

Did you watch his program last night?

I am particuarly intrigued by the moving the spot on the dollar bill, and the picture of face from camera phone onto the dollar bill and the card transferred onto the back of the matches trick.

I saw some of it last night. The dollar bill manipulation was very good. No idea how he did it though.

I saw some of it last night. The dollar bill manipulation was very good. No idea how he did it though.

You didn't miss the bullet catching stunt did you?

Whatever people think about Blaine, he certainly has some balls......and I'm not talking Derren Brown Lottery balls here!;)

I wasn't actually aware that his had mother died.

It was quite touching when Blaine said to the camera.....Do you honestly think that I would attempt all these dangerous stunts if my mother was alive?

He says he does the dangerous stunts because he doesn't fear death.....quite honestly I think the bullet catching stunt is pretty much proof of that. (unless there was camera trickery involved although it certainly didn't look that way)

In fact I'm pretty sure someone like Blaine would rather he died during one of his stunts,rather than grow old gracefully....perhaps sadly one day he'll get that wish.

Having finally got a choice to see his explanation 1st hand all I can say is bull ****, if he doesn’t come out next week and say he was using his power of suggestion on the volunteers to once again show what saps people are or I’ll have lost all respect for the guy.

That aside his program was structure around one giant false dilemma he repeatedly asserts that the options for how he did his ‘prediction’ on Wednesday are:

1. Fake a Lottery Ticket

2. Genuinely Predict the Numbers

3. Fix the Machine

Deliberately omitting by far the easiest and most likely option.

4. Do a fake prediction

Also ‘maybe you still believe it was some sort of super technology’ please, split screen isn’t ‘super technology’ it’s been a staple of visual effects for decades and nowadays

Derren Brown has taken us all for a ride supremely well. What other show has generated such an internet buzz as this, recently? He has taken a subject familiar to most everyone and tapped into a dream; that it would be somehow be possible to guess the outcome of a random event and thereby win lotto. He has led us like sheep to watch his big show last night and still we debate how he did it. He explains at the beginning of his shows his methods (misdirection etc etc) and at the end of the show, states openly that "it's a trick". He tantalises us.

The reactions like these on here must be delighting him all the more, because he must have known that it would happen like this.

Next week's show is called "how to control the nation", but of course, he's already done it.

Genius.

there's 1 piece of evidence omitted from the split screen theory. that's the fact there's 2 cameras, and we don't see from the other one except for a couple of seconds at the begninning of the show.