Derren Brown predicts the lottery numbers..

I have no idea, the man is a freak of nature, have seen 2 of his live shows (Something Wicked This Way Comes and An Evening of Wonders, could not get tickets for this years' Enigma) - think he was amazed it worked judging by his reaction as the numbers were drawn.

we all know its a trick......but HOW has he done it..... ohhh I can't wait till Friday.....

had a book bought for me in march for my birthday not read it yet but will dig it out.watched a evening of wonders tonight they said it would be jaw dropping and it was beats all that reality tv stuff hands down. well done channel 4 and derren brown

Ok this is my theory how he did it....

He shows you the camera angle of the tv and the lottery balls.

Meanwhile someone else is stood just off camera (He did say purposefully a few people were with him) with basically a bag of balls.

As the lottery numbers come out, that other person places them on an identical stand... we are so busy focusing on Derren, he's irrelevant at this point.

Darren then doesn't walk to the first, already placed, set of balls, he walks to the set just previously off camera, which have only just been placed. Of course then, he is right!

I'm going to check on the 11:30 repeat that's what might have happened.

That's my theory anyroad.

Love Penn and Teller.

Edited by EdnaKrabappe
Respelling identical - can't spell tonight!

yeh, he got all 6. Lord knows how he does it. The man is a genius. He really is.

yeh, he got all 6. Lord knows how he does it. The man is a genius. He really is.

Why doesnt he do it before the draw and cash in on it all :suspect:

Meanwhile someone else is stood just off camera (He did say purposefully a few people were with him) with basically a bag of balls.

As the lottery numbers come out, that other person places them on an identical stand... we are so busy focusing on Derren, he's irrelevant at this point.

Darren then doesn't walk to the first, already placed, set of balls, he walks to the set just previously off camera, which have only just been placed. Of course then, he is right!

Love Penn and Teller.

That is very good. But i was watchin both Darren and the balls at the same time when each ball was drawn just to see if anyone messing with the balls and never seem to move or nothing seem differnt in the studio. But you may be right what you say, but i dint check BBC1 and Chan 4 like he said too at the same time. We just got to wait till friday now see if your right.

I've got a few theories:

He filmed 15 million different takes over the last 15 years (one for each number combination) and the correct take was cleverly edited into the final segment of the programme.

He used black lasers hidden in the room to project the numbers onto the ping pong balls as he turned them around.

Hmmmm . . . on second thoughts, my theories are pants.

An interesting theory, Edna. It reminds me of the David Copperfield illusion where he made the statue of liberty vanish. The illusion was accomplished by rotating the entire audience seating area away from a direct view of the statue. It will be something completely unexpected.

Can't wait til Friday.

Edited by Anarchon
Clarification

Why doesnt he do it before the draw and cash in on it all :suspect:

Because it can't be done. The whole point of his programme is to show how easy it is to fool people into believing you're psychic.

The explanation comes on Friday, I believe.

Love Penn and Teller.

No chance. He clearly walks to the stand right next to the TV. You never lose sight of them. No way did your theory happen.