Derren Brown predicts the lottery numbers..

I hope nobody is getting too excited about tonight's show. I would say there is a good chance he won't reveal the real method used, but a more Derren Brown style method that makes it seem more impressive. It will have to be plausible but will seem nearly impossible.

It definitely wasn't anything to do with delays or manipulating people involved with the lottery, that would end in people getting in trouble. There are lots of rules involved with the lottery draw.

Filming every combination of balls wouldn't work without camera trickery, as you saw the live lottery show on the TV. So if using camera trickery there is the much easier method with a split screen as already discussed.

Something else to think about, I know he doesn't normally do Camera Tricks but this isn't any old camera trick, it a special Derren Brown misdirections/manipulation camera trick.

Until the last time it cuts from the wide angle to the close-up shot it is all recorded, this is done to convince us it is a hand held camera. In reality it is a camera on a stand not a camera held by someone as shown in the wide angle shot. Quite clever.

To make people think it isn't split screen there is camera shake added by computer after it is filmed. Very clever again as most people know is nearly impossible to do split screen without a completely still picture.

He is waving when cutting from the wide angle to the close-up, again to remove doubt about it being recorded.

He claims he may only get 5 balls correct, this was genuine as he had to play for time while the balls were positioned behind the split screen. There may not have been time to do the sixth ball. The same goes for why he didn't predict the bonus ball, it bought him more time. Same thing again when he spent time writing the numbers down.

It isn't normally his style but DB has taken camera tricks to a new level, with lots of manipulation.

Edited by Cynic

Tonights show is about how he did it and how 'normal' people can do it too, hmmmm.

I need to stop posting on this thread till after tonight. I have already tried and failed twice :D

I hope people do realise that tonight's explanation may only add to the confusion. Derren has used explanations in the past to further convince people how clever the original trick was. So we may not find out the true method. I am thinking this because of him saying it took a year to prepare and anybody can do it.

I know I have said this about 100 times but a lot of people keep missing this point.

It is easy to buy into everything Derren says but remember he is always acting and playing a role when he is performing. Even when he is claiming to be explaining things.

- Everyone should watch this clip it shows something that nobody has noticed so far. Does this explain it???

hahaha

Watching that again though, he is clearly speaking into his hand, don't know why though.. I think it's part of his misdirection.

Maybe he faked the whole BBC lottery draw? Maybe he made everyone think it was wednesday when in fact it was tuesday, meaning we all missed the real draw on Wednesday and today's actually thursday not friday, meaning the weekend is actually another day away, oh no :(

I sky+ it and watched it over and over (like a saddo - I know) and could'nt spot anything. But as I said before we'll find out tonight. It'll probably turn out to be a right anti climax coz it will be something so simple.

So I'm pretty sure we can rule out lasers, split screens, tampered balls....

http://twitter.com/derrenbrown

We probably can rule them out of the explanation he will give, but not necessarily the truth! :)