School uniform rules gone mad!!

Yes, I see it all the time. A blind eye is turned for certain pupils, because the school is just thankful they arrived at all, and overlook the trainers or lack of tie.

Schools are generally run by clueless out of touch little hitlers, so nothing surprises me.

a little power seems to go a long way...'respect mah authoritah' etc

...kids will pick on each other for any differences that they can, this includes having non designer clothes, or non cool clothes, so a uniform removes that possibility.

Er, no it doesn't.

Er, no it doesn't.

Yes it does. Er.

Dont you think calling the star for that is a tad dramatic

Tell me about it, I'm sure having himself and his mother plastered on the front page of a news paper won't be embarrassing for him...

I can't believe some people on here are calling headmasters 'little hitlers' and complaining that teachers should wear a uniform too?

I do agree though that teachers do have an example to set, so should make an effort in their appearance, be that a suit or shirt & tie (blouse & skirt etc) where appropriate.

I know a few people who have taught over the years and all will have been repremanded for looking scruffy occasionally.

It depends on which school you send your little ones to I guess. The quality of the teacher & indeed headmaster or school board reflects on the school & it's pupils.

I'm all for uniforms, it does what it says on the tin...unifies the pupils...UK & European studies show it improves discipline & also school loyalty....a sense of belonging. I was lucky enough to go to a good school in South London, a bit rough round the edges with the usual problems of drugs, knives & gangs.....but it was run by a bunch of nutcase 'De La Salle' brothers....discipline was hard....as it needed to be. Children need uniformity at first, focus on what their learning not what their wearing!

chaucer has allways turned a blind eye to the pupils who turn up in what they want, for the ones that otherwise would'nt turn up at all. they will allow any thing just to get them to stay in school, as they know that sending them home would result in them not coming back. 1 rule for 1 rule for another springs to mind

We have non uniform days occasionally and to my surprise the kids act far more mature.

can any 1 tell me how a year 11 is suppose to set a good example to the younger students, when they are all dressed the same, not all year 11s look as old as they are. maybe if the teachers want them to stand out then uniform should be relaxed for this year group

Schools are generally run by clueless out of touch little hitlers, so nothing surprises me.

:lol: you go into a school and then report back with this opinion.

Of all the schools I've ever been to (as a pupil and a member of staff) all staff have had to dress smartly ie skirt/trousers, tie for males, sensible length of skirt for females, no jeans, suitable shoes. High Storrs was the only school that didn't strictly implement this when I was last there (albeit 1999 so it could've changed), staff could wear whatever they wanted within reason, but pupils didn't have a uniform either.

Parents choose to send their child to that school, if they don't like the uniform, choose somewhere. There is always going to be cases where pupils are made an example of but do people really need to go whining to the Star whenever they don't get there own way?!

Many parents need to realise that they're children are not the little darlings they think they are!

I can't believe some people on here are calling headmasters 'little hitlers' and complaining that teachers should wear a uniform too?

I do agree though that teachers do have an example to set, so should make an effort in their appearance, be that a suit or shirt & tie (blouse & skirt etc) where appropriate.

I know a few people who have taught over the years and all will have been repremanded for looking scruffy occasionally.

It depends on which school you send your little ones to I guess. The quality of the teacher & indeed headmaster or school board reflects on the school & it's pupils.

I'm all for uniforms, it does what it says on the tin...unifies the pupils...UK & European studies show it improves discipline & also school loyalty....a sense of belonging. I was lucky enough to go to a good school in South London, a bit rough round the edges with the usual problems of drugs, knives & gangs.....but it was run by a bunch of nutcase 'De La Salle' brothers....discipline was hard....as it needed to be. Children need uniformity at first, focus on what their learning not what their wearing!

You cant say it improves discipline, Look at Chaucer and Firvale there results are very Low are'nt they? Notre Dame wears uniform yet look at there scores, much higher and in uniform - No different to Chaucer

In my opinion its the enviroment that surrounds us that effects the behaviour of ourselves and those that live around us.

for instance, Look at the schools towards the totley side of sheffield town centre, those schools perform on the whole, better in exams and in behaviour.

compared to the opposite side of town whos scores are clearly Lower ( with the exception of probebly ecclesfield, we , until recently were hit by a vicious new deputy and since then, moral has been pretty low as we cant customise anything anymore, so much for being a school that suppose to be allowed to show creative talent.