Garden Pond Megathread All Garden Pond Threads Here

My pond has a tear in the plastic lining and is now half empty. Are there any kits to repair it with?

yes there is some stuff yu can get that will do the trick i cant remeber what its called but they do sell it at wayside water center comes in a tube and is black allso seals under water as well ,

if you want to stop green water make a vegi filter very easy to make and works a treat ive had mine running now for 3 months and not had any problems at all ive now put my filter and uv to 1 side as i dnt use it any more

this going to be make next project

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/43346868XpvJzF

Edited by koikeeper

My pond has a tear in the plastic lining and is now half empty. Are there any kits to repair it with?

same here, though I've not managed to find the leak yet!. It went down by about 3ft and has stopped going down now so I'll give it a clean out when the weather is nice and find the leak. The poor Koi are down to 2 1/2ft to swim around in :(

ponds need at least25% cover with aquatic plants and a situation noy in direct sunlight its just to much nitrogen in your pond try not to overfeed your fish oh and you can buy a liquid concentrate to clear the water but it's quite pricey middletons at the bottom of the moor sell a barley straw roll wrapped in netting for about three pounds and it worked a treat in mine

barley straw the best it eats the green stuff easy

get yer wellies on and get in it nothing better then doing it yer self

I closed my pond early this year after 25 year never had a water change never really lost many fish and the water was crystal clear all due to having iris in the pond

As for barley yep its ok long as you put it in a mesh container dont let it rot down or that clogs pumps as well only cleans algi up though takes a week or so to show any improvments.

Edited by terminator

yes thought it was a good idea to have all the garden pond questions in one place