Wedding murders in Dore Sheffield

Hopefully he never will be released, reading these links.

That has been decided.

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could research the murders that took place at a wedding on Dore Road, Sheffield please? I think it was around 1983 ish?

Think it happend in 1981 or there about,s

the freind of mine who knows about these murders is away

at the moment will ask when he gets back

Nicola Laitner was supposed to have changed her identity and left Sheffield soon after the crime, I believe.

when i was young i remember us going past house and they told me he had murderd them at wedding with an axe dont know if this is same thing

this should never have been allowed to happen. the person who carried out the murders had escaped from Selby Magistrates court where he was charged with burglary. had he not escaped then his victims would probably still be alive.

I remember this well as it was the only time i was ever breathalised, i was 100 yds from my front door and my mates walking past laughing. The police car had a picture off arthur hutchinson on its dashboard. fortunately for me i was sober and fortunately for the police they caught him two days later

What happened to Suzanne afterwards, I worked with her briefly in the 70's.

The Wedding reception was at the Dore Rd house and the murder discovered on the Sunday morning, some of the details shrouded in mystery. The Police went door to door every house in the area including where i was staying,shining torches at the windows and that.

The School or Church Hall in the village was used as an incident room and press briefings were given there.

The Hare and Hounds Pub was full of reporters drinking and asking the locals questions then one day Hutchinson was apprehended in Hartlepool i think and they all went.

It was suggested by them that Nicola had met him in the Claymore Tavern and took him home... I seem to remember she was the only survivor.