Wedding murders in Dore Sheffield

Of course Hutchinson deserved to hang as Hillsboro wrote, but the death penalty was correctly abolished in the 1960s. Another point is that juries were sometimes reluctant to convict, knowing that there was only one penalty. So quite apart from the innocent people who were hanged - as certainly was the case with Evans in 1950 - the opposite happened and some murderers were acquitted, because a clever defence lawyer had put enough doubt in the jury's minds to acquit the defendant. So we shouldn't bring back the death penalty. In any case - let's face it - it isn't going to happen.

Strange as your views alter as you get older. I was all for hanging in years gone by, but now I think it is not right. The thing that sticks in my throat is the fact it costs to keep these scumbags in jail, and the cushy life they have inside.

Was this the person who bit into a piece of cheese in the fridge and the police proved he was in the house by analysing the teeth prints ?

Was this the person who bit into a piece of cheese in the fridge and the police proved he was in the house by analysing the teeth prints ?

That's him, and his rare blood group matched blood at the murder venue that was not that of the victims, this being prior to DNA fingerprinting.

That's him, and his rare blood group matched blood at the murder venue that was not that of the victims, this being prior to DNA fingerprinting.

Clever stuff for the time.