Motor car - do you remember your first one?

Yeh VW beetle 6v oval window. It was like driving with candles in the headlights and no main beam  ha! Good times eh ?

As you would probably expect my first car was a Motorcycle BSA 650 A10 (with side car) 944 DA. 

Back in those days we were allowed to (learn on) ride motorcycles of any capacity providing anything over a 250 was fitted with a sidecar.

Happy Daze

Once you'd passed your test, come winter you would buy a 3 wheeler, again under British law you could legal drive a 3 wheeled car on your full motorcycle licence.

So my first car was a Reliant Super Van 3.  

I went on to fully Customize this - wide Wolfrace wheels, side pipe, fur interior and custom paint work etc Happy Daze.

(Note the misconception  regarding 3 wheelers having to have their reverse gear blanked off carry's on to this day that law was in fact rescinded in 1963)

And then the Kids started coming. So when we couldn't shoehorn them all in't 3 wheeler and the chance of a driving job came up it was time to pass my car test.

First (Proper) car (I hate the emphasis that Reliant's finest are not proper cars) 

Mk 3 Zephyr 505 EBE (she's still out there or was a few years ago.

I paid £70 for the BSA & £11 for the sidecar.

Regal  (can't remember purchase price but I was buying them for as litte as £15 around that time)

Zephyr £40 

I still love my (early) Reliant's and have a Yard full of them.

Daren't go into other cars I've owned since or driven at some point or we'd be here all day - LOL

Boys and their Toys.

1965 Box Viva with a dodgy fuel gauge, never knew if there was any petrol in it 😀

2 minutes ago, misty3 said:

1965 Box Viva with a dodgy fuel gauge, never knew if there was any petrol in it 😀

Been there Misty.

the train of thought being i'll keep topping it up a bit at a time- next thing you knew the things full up & the petrols sloshing out on every corner.

No Fuel gauges,

No Heaters,

No Radio

No central locking

No electric Windows.

NO POWER STEERING.

NO SAT NAV'S

Kids don't know the joys of motoring we had.