Motor car - do you remember your first one?

1938 austin 10 cambridge.cost £25 with an mot!

On 21/06/2005 at 23:05, buck said:

I think I might win for the oldest.

I bought a 1937 Rover 14 for 40 quid back in the sixties. I had never driven a car, but when it was delivered to me in South Wales I decided to drive it to the local pub to pick up my wife, using my motor cycle skills. Two weeks later on navy leave I drove it to my ma in laws place in Greenhill, where it continued to pollute her driveway for a week or so, and I was driven to sell it NOW, or else. I got 20 for it. Later I bought a brand new Mini 850 for 450 quid. My computer does not have a pound key, sorry!

1932 J2 MG.  Reg MG 1851.

Hi  my first  car was a Vauxhall1950s   LWJ792. £130.  Wyven.

Edited by bazza63
No model

Time go so quickly the turn over of cars is incredible a ford mondeo can be considered a classic car

My first car was a Triumph Herald the coulour was mauve and white 2tone 

Edited by raymondo1952

My first was a Hillman Super Minx estate, BRB 286B. Cost me £45-00. 

Mark 3 Ford Capri, bronze with a black vinyl roof. X reg I think, cost £250. 1600 cc with a twin choke weber carb and a 4 speed box. Handling was very interesting on damp roads and length of bonnet made visibility on hump back bridges a bit of a guessing game! Lack of power steering coupled with wide tyres and a tiny steering wheel provided a full upper body workout during parking manoeuvres. Usual rust for a car of that era. Upsides, fun to drive, easy and cheap to maintain due to rear wheel drive layout and Ford parts being very interchangeable and easily available from scrappies. Wish I still had it!

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

1964 grey Wolseley 1500.

Learnt to drive in one of those. Lovely car. Hillsborough School of Motoring, 1960.

23 minutes ago, mikeG said:

Learnt to drive in one of those. Lovely car. Hillsborough School of Motoring, 1960.

Was a lovely little car, nice to drive, think it had either a push or pull knob to start it. I liked how the badge lit up on the radiator grill.

1967 Singer Vogue estate, bought for £100 in 1979.  Sold it for £200 in 1982.