E. H.Pickfords Ecclesall Rd

eh up aj went to work in the junglies corner with les and albert. albert alos went to pub at dinner time, when he came back he used to send me to bakers for some drippin cakes always got caught by bill smith

eh up aj went to work in the junglies corner with les and albert. albert alos went to pub at dinner time, when he came back he used to send me to bakers for some drippin cakes always got caught by bill smith

hi mick

yes albert like a pint at dinner time that brings back memories the junglies corner les smith and i worked the late shift in the week and the break down shift sat till 4 oclock les was a great bloke and friend and a wis with transaxles on the fine imp range plus gearboxes left sheffield my self in 1984 to chase work lived in a small market town at thorne nr doncaster for the last 22 years but looking to down size and get a bunglow around sheffield area

regards aj

just been back to sheff, first time for about 3 yrs,went up eccleshall road a bloody great marks and sparks were pickfords used to be.

I worked there from 1969 to about 1973/4 worked with Dave Loveday, Dave Shore, Phil Walker, Gordon Westran, Len Tidy, to name a few. Remember taking H120 on rolling road to see how much I could get out of it, also remember Alan Havenhand, used to do all the recovery work I used to go with him on quite a few jobs and when we had time we used to call in a pub on the Manor for pie, peas and a pint, I believe Alan died a number of years ago. Talking of pubs as well as The Prince I used to go to the Sun on Pear St at lunch, makes you wonder how we used to work in the afternoon.

I worked there briefly in 1971The showroom was full of Hillman imps,I was only there for a month (Didnt like it) there was a manager called Besant and a lady who knitted small teddy bears in the office,there was also a scottish girl in the office who could put her fist in her mouth.......:confused:I got offered a better job and left.

I worked at Pickfords from 1974-79 they were fantastic days. Its great to hear all the old names it brings back good memories. Junglies corner, I used to go home black and blue. I still keep in contact with a few lads, Dave Loveday, Dave Allen, Tony Lindsey, Dave Shore and Dave Robinson. It would be nice to catch up sometime.

I did my apprenticeship there 1970 onwards. I remember Dave Shaw, Dave Loveday,Neil Cusworth, Lenny,Richard, Ken, Bill Smith, Del a hire car to his Sister Recently). Eric Monday, Bob Till, Les,Bob, Too many to mention. Had some great times there. Miles Raynor was my mentor. He used to let me watch him do the brakes on one side & just before he finished, He used to say, I hope youre watching cause youre doing the other side. If i got it wrong, H'ed rap me on the knuckles with a metal ruler. (*******) My name is Gordon.

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 00:27 ----------

Bob Haigh, Dave Loveday,Dave Shaw,,Gordon Westran, Len,Clem,Neil Cudsworth,

Terry Capel, Richard electrician, Rushie, Ken on Service Bay, Len who once threw a hammer at me! Paul Morrel (works at Robins & Day at Handswoth) Bernard, Dave Davies, Testers? Miles, Anybody remember Steve Holland in Reception.

The best days of a lifetime of work.

It was the worst place I ever worked at,I remember all the names above and some were fine but the other well ile not say.

My dad ernest hall worked here before getting made redundant. I remember him talking about terry and i think it was lol.

If I remember correctly Ernest Hall worked on the car wash in the workshop. He was I think also involved with certain types of maintenance work. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, Kazhud said:

My dad ernest hall worked here before getting made redundant. I remember him talking about terry and i think it was lol.

hi kashud I had the privilege to work with your dad for many years I remember when the avenger was launchad it came on a lorry all covered up it was put on the cleaning bay and after speeches by management was uncover for us all to see it was covered in wax your dad started the steam cleaner and started to dewax the car after 5 mins he had to stop all the colour came off the car was put back on the lorry and taken back  he was a true gentleman and a great man to know regard aj

On 2/25/2014 at 11:59 PM, tavish said:

I did my apprenticeship there 1970 onwards. I remember Dave Shaw, Dave Loveday,Neil Cusworth, Lenny,Richard, Ken, Bill Smith, Del a hire car to his Sister Recently). Eric Monday, Bob Till, Les,Bob, Too many to mention. Had some great times there. Miles Raynor was my mentor. He used to let me watch him do the brakes on one side & just before he finished, He used to say, I hope youre watching cause youre doing the other side. If i got it wrong, H'ed rap me on the knuckles with a metal ruler. (*******) My name is Gordon.

---------- Post added 26-02-2014 at 00:27 ----------

Bob Haigh, Dave Loveday,Dave Shaw,,Gordon Westran, Len,Clem,Neil Cudsworth,

Terry Capel, Richard electrician, Rushie, Ken on Service Bay, Len who once threw a hammer at me! Paul Morrel (works at Robins & Day at Handswoth) Bernard, Dave Davies, Testers? Miles, Anybody remember Steve Holland in Reception.

The best days of a lifetime of work.

Hi Tavish / Gordon, you obviously remember me but cannot for the life of me work out who you are or most of the others, any help?