E. H.Pickfords Ecclesall Rd

any one work at E H Pickfords on Ecclesall Rd in the seventies.

any one work at E H Pickfords on Ecclesall Rd in the seventies.

hi bullerboy

worked at ehp 1960/76 billsmith was service manager chap called bernard was garage forman two tester one called tom and harold ulley was the electrian tricky dick [richard ]was his lad mad on cycleing alan ,paul morrell les smith were the only three mechanics i can remember had great plesure working on humber hawks snipe all the hillman range minx super minx singer and the fine imp remember the chrysler 180.avenger sorry a little short on sacond names old age catching up regards aj

Hi carbrook lad,

I remember richard and his bike and rocket man john north was service manager,alan rushford was chargehand and dave davies was forman,graham ifold was a rep in parts,bob till in sales,I worked in reception with dave loveday and fay and mr smith was depot manager.the thing i remember most is the crap customers we had, most of them treated us like muck especialy a bloke up ecclesall rd with a picture framing shop,unfortunatly for him he picked a bad day,needless to say I had a call from smithy and words like dont do it again come to mind!!!!!!!!!

Hi carbrook lad,

I remember richard and his bike and rocket man john north was service manager,alan rushford was chargehand and dave davies was forman,graham ifold was a rep in parts,bob till in sales,I worked in reception with dave loveday and fay and mr smith was depot manager.the thing i remember most is the crap customers we had, most of them treated us like muck especialy a bloke up ecclesall rd with a picture framing shop,unfortunatly for him he picked a bad day,needless to say I had a call from smithy and words like dont do it again come to mind!!!!!!!!!

hi bullerboy

alan rushford was made chargehand when david davis became forman john north was reception eng with his nose up bill smiths ar.... or he would not have got job he made no discsion on the garage running without asking him remember rocket man,dave loveday was still an apprentice and all others mentioned me and allen rushforth worked late shift and sat afternoons while 6.clock in the nursery tavern regards aj

hi bullerboy

alan rushford was made chargehand when david davis became forman john north was reception eng with his nose up bill smiths ar.... or he would not have got job he made no discsion on the garage running without asking him remember rocket man,dave loveday was still an apprentice and all others mentioned me and allen rushforth worked late shift and sat afternoons while 6.clock in the nursery tavern regards aj

Dave Davis was forman Alan Rushforth was chargehand other names I remember are

garage

Terry Capel Ernest Hall Ken Roades Ali Bongo

Craig Sleigh Albert Hall Les Smith Dave Young

Paul Morrel Dave Allen Garry Needham Juan Ramos

Lol Richardson Philip Littlewood Glynn Morris Richard Angus

Andrew Tomlinson Paul Stephenson Mitch Bagshaw Steve Simpson

Showroom

Reg Gethin Les Clayton Bob Till Sylvia ? Eric Westmorland

Stores

Mick Harrison Graham Ifould Martin straw Garry Marsh Zak Alice ?

Reception

John Fairbairn Dave Loveday Faye ?

Happy Days Great People

I remember Phil Wake,Clive Hutchinson,Neil Cusworth ,Dave ruddle,Clem Dawson, all from stores.

Also Paul Oxley,Paul Stephenson,Les Bates,Paul Morrel,Dave Loveday,Harry Heath,struggling now to remember oh! Paul Stevenson

Dave Davis was forman Alan Rushforth was chargehand other names I remember are

garage

Terry Capel Ernest Hall Ken Roades Ali Bongo

Craig Sleigh Albert Hall Les Smith Dave Young

Paul Morrel Dave Allen Garry Needham Juan Ramos

Lol Richardson Philip Littlewood Glynn Morris Richard Angus

Andrew Tomlinson Paul Stephenson Mitch Bagshaw Steve Simpson

Showroom

Reg Gethin Les Clayton Bob Till Sylvia ? Eric Westmorland

Stores

Mick Harrison Graham Ifould Martin straw Garry Marsh Zak Alice ?

Reception

John Fairbairn Dave Loveday Faye ?

Happy Days Great People

Not sure if it the same person but l know a Bob Till, his second wife was a great friend of mine we used to live across the road from each other.

Not sure if it the same person but l know a Bob Till, his second wife was a great friend of mine we used to live across the road from each other.

was she German?

yes, but spoke perfect english

They are good friends of ours aries22.

my-grandfather george ernest white worked ar E.H. Pickfords for forty years until he retired in 1964 - does anyone remember him ? He looked quite like Captain Mainwaring out of dads army and had been in the somme and home guard and lived at Netheredge