Desmond Crescent

I seem to remember the Cottons, the one I remember was Paul [i think]. I lived near Beaumont Road, the Cottons lived further down Desmond, nearer to Fairfax Road. Can't remember the number though - sorry.

Going through the houses past ours at no 18 I think the cottons will be no 44, 2 doors up from the Galleys who lived at the corner house next to fairfax.

Paul Fletcher

mrs cotton lived at 46 the eldest was ann then paul peter and janet . ann was my sister christines best frind .

hi i lived on desmond crescent from 1959 till 1971.galleys moved into our house.paul fletcher i think you know my brother richard.i know you and your brothers and sister.lovely family .

Hello Bacardi, what was your surname please as I am trying to work out who you are. Did you move from the corner house when the Galleys moved in to just across the road or somewhere quite close or am I dreaming it. I still have dreams of when we lived on the crescent and still walk down the road recalling almost all the details although I did put an extra house in somewhere when working out the cottons number. Xxx lol

hi paul your stephen is the same age as me.our richard was at your martins last week.i was at your marks earlier this year having a drink with him and your sister ..you used to live next to the hardys.hope you ok over there. we moved out of number 50 but not across the road.p m me if you want regarding surname.any messages you want passing on you can also pm me

Hi Winks, I am researching my family history and have discovered that my great grandmother died in 1945 at 8 Desmond Crescent. My grandmother`s younger sister Cecilia Cotton was living there at the time and I believe she had several children. We have lost all contact with my grandmother`s side of the family so do you know what has happened to the Cottons since 1945. Thanks
We moved into no 8 desmond cress be around 77 though.

FYI. The Artist George Fuller lived at 23 Desmond Crescent.

Going through the houses past ours at no 18 I think the cottons will be no 44, 2 doors up from the Galleys who lived at the corner house next to fairfax.

Paul Fletcher

My family lived at 18 from 1926 untill 1958, we exchanged with a family called Britchers for a house in Handsworth. I can remember the Midgleys at 9, Smiths at 11, Mastermans at 13 Timpsons at 15 Cravens at 15 and maidens at 17. Botham at 7 was a rogue he spent some time in clink during the 40is.

I had a freind who lived on desmond cresant i think is name was stan clayton anyone remember him. Early 50s.

go to picture sheffield .com and that will show photos of desmond crescent :roll::roll::roll: