Kids ear piercing

it up to you when you allow your kids to have their ears done - my sisters and i all had ours done when we were 5 we all had ours done inside castle market but that was about 11 years ago ao not sure it's still open! i don't see a problem or find it madness and disgusting that a 6 year old wants her ears pierced if my little girl wants her ears pierced when she's 6 i'll take her!

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some of you were very judgemental of daddylee!!!!

then you are as daft as your mother for allowing you to have yours done!!!

it should be abolished i have a teenage daughter and would never allow her to have hers done, when she is old enough she can make the decision.

people who allow their kids to have their ears done at such a young age are scum and make their kids look like scum simple

it should be abolished i have a teenage daughter and would never allow her to have hers done, when she is old enough she can make the decision.

people who allow their kids to have their ears done at such a young age are scum and make their kids look like scum simple

I really don't agree with tiny kids having their ears pierced (as you can tell from my previous posts), but that's a bit aggressive. :loopy:

Has she started wearing make-up and using a sunbed yet?

Not sure if these are still available, but my daughter, now 20, had stick on ear rings until she was 13 when she made her own decision to have her ears pierced.

i had those stick on earrings untill i was 14 my mum was so strict! but i must say this is her child so the decision is up to her, so many kids do these days at a lot younger age then 6 but anyway alfredos in chapletown do them for around 5 pound

I can see your daughter rebelling and getting body piercings and tattoos.

If you ban something, it only makes it more attractive.

I'm not against older children (I'm not going to state an age, it depends on the child's mental maturity and attitude) having their ears pierced, as long has they are making the decision themself.

I can see your daughter rebelling and getting body piercings and tattoos.

If you ban something, it only makes it more attractive.

I'm not against older children (I'm not going to state an age, it depends on the child's mental maturity and attitude) having their ears pierced, as long has they are making the decision themself.

its called being a responsible parent and teaching your children what is right and wrong, if more people were responsibile parents in todays society we wouldnt have the feral youth that we have on some estates that are going round shooting eachother and getting pregnant at 12 and 13.

so as for your words of wisdom young lady errrrrrrrrrrr i will contemplate your words at church on a sunday morning

Your child, your call.

Me, no way. Six?

i saw a little girl on the bus the other day. She only looked about 2 and had her ears pierced. i must say i do not think it is right on a child that young.

some excellent forum parenting here. sheffield forum posters know best in all situations of course!

In my opinion piercing a child's ear at that age should be assault.

in my opinion you are talking complete rubbish.

In my opinion, a child of that age is too young to make the decision. I also believe that any procedure that damages their skin, and causes pain is forced upon them it should be classed as child abuse. If you were to stick a hypodermic needle into the child just because you wanted to, you would be punished for it. That's just my opinion, and it's a free country. People will do what they like no matter what advice is given. At the end of the day, it is the child who will decide in maybe a few years time, if it was the right choice.

just another thought though - what happened to parents saying no to their children? Who rules these days - parents or children?

Edited by shelby46
missed a bit!