Kids ear piercing

in my opinion you are talking complete rubbish.

Why? Do you not agree that children do not need jewellery and make up to make them look lovely? Do you think a 6 year old is old enough to understand that the earrings can get caught and tear their ear lobe?

I think it's you that's talking rubbish.

Why? Do you not agree that children do not need jewellery and make up to make them look lovely? Do you think a 6 year old is old enough to understand that the earrings can get caught and tear their ear lobe?

i see no harm in it whatsoever. and yes, a 6 year old could easily understand that earrings can get caught and tear.

i see no harm in it whatsoever. and yes, a 6 year old could easily understand that earrings can get caught and tear.

I don't agree. That doesn't mean I'm talking rubbish.

I don't agree. That doesn't mean I'm talking rubbish.

and did you not see the "IN MY OPINION"?

I cannot understand why some people feel the need to mutilate their children. It disgusts me!

My opinion (having a young daughter myself) is that the decision should be theirs and not yours. My daughter at 3 years old kept going on about having her ears done because someone at nursery had (god that sounds daft!). I explained what it actually meant and what could happen and she dropped the subject.

I do not see any difference between tattoos and pierced ears they are both permanent. Would you let your child have a tattoo at this age?

I personally will wait until my daughter is mature enough to make the decision, probably around 14 or 15, which incidentally is when I had mine done and I feel the right age.

Right or wrong, I don't know....that's for the parent to decide, I suppose.

For my twopenn'orth, I would just add one thing........when I had mine done, it hurt!

I agree that kiddies look lovely enough without pierced ears.

IMO, it should only be done when the child(ren) are old enough to understand that a) it hurts, and b) they need to be scrupulous about keeping the piercing clean.

I was 11 when I had the first set of holes in my ears, and was made to wait till I was 18 before I was allowed to have the second hole pierced in my earlobe.

I had my ears pierced when i was six. I was old enough to know that i wanted it and i have never regretted it. And my ears look perfectly normal.

I disagree with piercing the ears of a baby, but at 6 i think its fine.

then you are as daft as your mother for allowing you to have yours done!!!

it should be abolished i have a teenage daughter and would never allow her to have hers done, when she is old enough she can make the decision.

people who allow their kids to have their ears done at such a young age are scum and make their kids look like scum simple

you are extremely rude you don't know me or my mother!!!

i'm not saying little babies should have it done i was just gicing my opinion and not once did i call people names or slag them off - i just said some people were quick to judge

i will not be using this site any more as i am digusted at sheffgrow's comment

I had my ears pierced when i was six. I was old enough to know that i wanted it and i have never regretted it. And my ears look perfectly normal.

I disagree with piercing the ears of a baby, but at 6 i think its fine.

Same. I cant believe how many people have gone off on a tangent about 'mutilating' its a tiny hole in their ears!

I had mine done when I was 6- because I wanted to. Nothing chavvy about me. When most other kids at school (charnock) at the time had the same- I would have been gutted if my mum had made me wait until I was 16.

I dont agree with babies having it done- aside from the fact they'd be likely to pull at them/potentially swallow the earrings, they have no choice in it. But at 6, a child is capable of making its mind up.

I'd take your kid to Claires, they were really good when my sister had hers done. They give you this solution stuff, to bathe them in, and as far as I can remember, they asked her to go back 6 weeks later, just to check they were ok/healed. (but that was a few years ago)