Another pub closed.

I can vouch for this - I've been in several pubs in Crookes and Walkley that permit smoking during after-bird.One in particular though since the landlord left this doesn't happen now.

Clearly I'm not going to name them, what idiot would jeopardise this little luxury just for you to accept this happens?

if u are not prepared to prove your 'fantasy', then don't post any more about it. Either give us proof, or be quiet:loopy: Anyone can come on here and say they know pubs who let people smoke.....no evidence = pure fantasy

if u are not prepared to prove your 'fantasy', then don't post any more about it. Either give us proof, or be quiet:loopy: Anyone can come on here and say they know pubs who let people smoke.....no evidence = pure fantasy

Naming the pubs is proof is it? I don't care if you believe it or not, it doesn't alter the reality. Why would I or others make such claims? We have nothing to gain by it.

Who are you to decide what can and can't be posted on here? Jumped up prick.

i have worked behind bars most my adult life and still do i love it and i think it's a combination of everything mentioned before high rents, brewery ties, credit crunch, smoking ban (especially in winter) but it could also be the fact that town is only catering for the under 25's these day's so any one older than that chooses somewhere local and it's usually a W.M.C as these are the cheapest. i think the "local" doesn't stand a chance unless you do food, sky tv, live tribute acts etc.... but all these have to have a seperate a liscence to do and they are really expensive so if you are struggling coz of slow turn over something has to give and it's usually the landlord....

good luck to all of you still fighting the fight

That sounds like hell on Earth.

Decent Ales and no Pubco ties - Provide, and we will come!

Just been past The Cutlers at Gleadless, all in darkness, another pub closed?

I can also vouch for the fact that ash trays have appeared "after bird".

i dont dream it i am in there when it happens

But you are not prepared to name the establishments concerned are you? So this claim cannot be verified one way or the other. Why don't you have the courage of your convictions?

But you are not prepared to name the establishments concerned are you? So this claim cannot be verified one way or the other. Why don't you have the courage of your convictions?

Firstly, I'm in favour of the smoking ban and have no agenda....

Why would they name the pubs simply to satisfy doubters on this forum when doing so might create trouble for the landlords of the pubs? And why would they lie?! I also know of a pub which does this. I'm not going to name it because it's owned by a mate who wouldn't be very happy about me naming his pub on here.

Firstly, I'm in favour of the smoking ban and have no agenda....

Why would they name the pubs simply to satisfy doubters on this forum when doing so might create trouble for the landlords of the pubs? And why would they lie?! I also know of a pub which does this. I'm not going to name it because it's owned by a mate who wouldn't be very happy about me naming his pub on here.

I would suggest that it is the landlords themselves who are doing this. They are adults and have free will. If they choose to break the law then it is they who are risking trouble for themsleves. I know if I knew of a landlord who broke the law in this way I would not hesitate to report it.

I would suggest that it is the landlords themselves who are doing this. They are adults and have free will. If they choose to break the law then it is they who are risking trouble for themsleves. I know if I knew of a landlord who broke the law in this way I would not hesitate to report it.

I can see your point, but I think that in a lock-in situation (I'm assuming that's what after-bird means?!) it's really up to the landlord what he does. I guess I think of lock-ins as private parties.

get a grip i dont need to name the pub i dont give a sh*t about the smoking even though i am a non smoker,if the ashtrays didnt come out there wouldnt be any after hours and we would all be on our way mhome at 11.20,be a bit obvious if there were a dozen people outside after 12pm wouldnt it,who made you sherrif anyway lol:hihi:

If people went to the pub more often, say with a friend, even if they only had 1 pint of drink at least the pubs would make enough money to stay open.

When the public goes on about services being lost, you do have some say in the matter by supporting the service to prevent its closure.

Let's not see more pub closures!

....in fact you only need ONE licence, your PREMISES LICENCE, and will normally include live TV, live music, food provision, etc.....sometimes a premises licence may need to be updated/amended to include something not included on its original issue, that is all

I hope that the Dove and Rainbow has paid the PRS subs for the year?