M1 speed cameras worry!!

At the end of the day...the cameras are there for a reason..and thats to stop people speeding through a section of roadworks where people are working.

There is plenty of signs on the run up to the roadworks saying Average Speed Checks...and plenty of cameras to realise you shouldnt be doing 60mph.

If you were tired then you shouldnt ave been driving in the first place...Danger to yourself and other road users.

Jeez,

Please tell me next time you are taking the car out anywhere - I will stay indoors!

How can you not see the cameras? There must be a good few dozen of them over a 20 mile stretch, accompanied by signs galore.

That said I doubt they are even working, so I wouldn't worry.

Set the fine cash aside though and get yourself to Specsavers.

Jeez,

Please tell me next time you are taking the car out anywhere - I will stay indoors!

How can you not see the cameras? There must be a good few dozen of them over a 20 mile stretch, accompanied by signs galore.

That said I doubt they are even working, so I wouldn't worry.

Set the fine cash aside though and get yourself to Specsavers.

Although the OP says that he did see the signs but chose not to slow down!

Yes i am very sorry, i have never travelled down a motorway before and as it was dark i didnt see the yellow speed cameras overhead, but yes i did see the signs but stupidly i just didnt take it in being as the carriageway was o empty, im such a fool!!!

Hard to have any sympathy really, isn't it?

What a refreshing thread - someone broke the speed limit and they're sorry for doing so, and not blaming the cameras / the system / the government / antiquated road laws!

The OP has made it clear that they've done wrong so I don't think there's any need to chastise them further, is there? Let's just be thankful that their tired driving resulted in only being done for speeding, rather than crashing or killing someone.

I detest these cameras, they serve no purpose other than as revenue raisers.

Feel free to join the millions of us who refuse to contribute by the simple expedient of not breaking the law.

Feel free to join the millions of us who refuse to contribute by the simple expedient of not breaking the law.

Do you always make incorrect and baseless assumptions when you post?

Do you always make incorrect and baseless assumptions when you post?

I have not made any assumptions, incorrect or otherwise. I merely offered a course of action. If it isn't one you need or want to take up, it is not obligatory.

I have not made any assumptions, incorrect or otherwise. I merely offered a course of action. If it isn't one you need or want to take up, it is not obligatory.

You most certainly did, you were assuming and inferring that I must be a speeding motorist.

I will assume that if I were to ask you if you had ever broken the law and you said no that you are also a liar.

You most certainly did, you were assuming and inferring that I must be a speeding motorist.

I was not. I only suggested to you that the way to avoid being made to contribute to these revenue-sucking devices, was to stay within the speed limit.

If you've already come to that conclusion yourself, then well done, and you won't need my suggestion after all.

I was not. I only suggested to you that the way to avoid being made to contribute to these revenue-sucking devices, was to stay within the speed limit.

So you agree they are revenue raisers then. Not sure what the point of your initial post was other than stating the obvious and wasting bandwidth/time.

cya

So you agree they are revenue raisers then.

I agree that most people think they are revenue raises, but it's a silly thing to think, since by merely obeying the law you can prevent them from ever raising anything.

So you agree they are revenue raisers then. Not sure what the point of your initial post was other than stating the obvious and wasting bandwidth/time.

Funny, I thought they were simply a form of punishment for people who broke the law by driving too fast as Heading North has calmly and clearly pointed out. There's no need to get worked up about them because they don't get your money if you don't break the speed limit. Seems simple enough, it's always worked for me.