Tram crashes into mini

well she definitely wasn't on the blower, does not work in marketing and does not live in an apartment. as for the 'accident' - it was just that, so i suggest you all just chill out and let the insured and her insurance company resolve the matter! god this place is heinous!

So its the tram's fault then? :rolleyes:

well she definitely wasn't on the blower, does not work in marketing and does not live in an apartment. as for the 'accident' - it was just that, so i suggest you all just chill out and let the insured and her insurance company resolve the matter! god this place is heinous!

The eye witness has already stated that it was not an accident and she clearly jumped a red light.

That is careless and dangerous driving, not accidental !! Unless of course the car had mechanical failure?

of for goodness sake IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! don't tell me you've never had one?! I'm on here for the second only time in my life to defend the honour of my best friend, an honest, decent, hard-working, taxpaying woman against a bunch of objectionable gossips. she has a clean licence and has never had an accident, she made an error of judgement so please end this silly thread and gossip about someone else!

Do accidents still exist, I thought everything was now a collision? I can't remember why but I am sure I have seen that somewhere. Something to do with blame.

Error of judgement? Your telling me!

Well at least she will have all her no claims wiped out, that will keep her awake at night.

And keep me happy!

of for goodness sake IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! don't tell me you've never had one?! I'm on here for the second only time in my life to defend the honour of my best friend, an honest, decent, hard-working, taxpaying woman against a bunch of objectionable gossips. she has a clean licence and has never had an accident, she made an error of judgement so please end this silly thread and gossip about someone else!

Did she not see the red light or decide it didn't apply to her?

I don't think it'll be clean for much longer :hihi:

in whihc case i pity you, you poor misguided fool. over and out!

...the tram would have to have been going faster than the speeds they generally travel at to seriously injure someone.
I suspect that a vehicle weighing 46.5 tons (unladen) wouldn't need to be travelling at much speed at all to VERY seriously injure someone. In this instance however, it appears that the mini was pushed aside, rather than crushed against another vehicle or street furniture, the driver was extremely lucky!

Look at it this way, if two objects impact, even at low velocity and one is approx. 100 times the mass of the other, which is going to suffer the most damage?

No, my views are consistent. I never defended the trial bike pratt I simply said that the accident occurred because the vehicle was being driven/ridden irresponsibly not because it was a trial bike, because Mr_BENN and his cronies were hijacking the thread to rant about trial bikes. No contradiction there, as I'm saying the same in this thread that it's dangerous driving not the vehicle that's to blame.

I wish I had the time to search through other people's posts in the hope of finding some inconsistency. :roll: Busy today?

Fair justification and reasoning, I retract my accusations of trolliness as I haven't gone back and re-read your previous comments on the post in question. As you were soldier :-D

In reply to BoomBoom (who I think maybe friends / related to the mini driver) in the standard issue police handbook, RTAs were changed to RTC (road traffic collision) as to state "accident" inferrs no one was at fault.

I suppose the tram could have swerved onto the pavement to avoid hitting the mini but then the tram might be putting any pedestrians on the pavement at risk.

Just noticed that BoomBoom has replied while I was typing this, confirming she is the best friend of the mini driver. I think you need to accept this alone makes you bais and that we're not personally attacking your chum, simply discussing what happened and you can should "accident" all you want however as stated above, it was an RTC not an RTA.

Edited by munky

I'm on here for the second only time in my life to defend the honour of my best friend, an honest, decent, hard-working, taxpaying woman !

What about if she had jumped the light and killed one of your family? would you still be defending her integrity then?

in some ways it was an accident i dont suppose for one minute she ran into the tram on purpose, if its right that she ran a red light then she was asking for trouble, and will get plenty from the police, which hopefully she will learn from, and she will do nothing so stupid in the future.