Lindsay Road Junior & infants school

Is ther anyone out there who attende Lindsay Road Junior and infants school during and just after the war. Prefab buildings with Miss Edge, Mr Crossley, Mr hartley, Mrs Brown etc

I attended Lindsay Road school, nursary through to juniors, started nursary around 1950 left juniors 1957 to go to southey Green secondary modern.

Used to live in Deerlands ave near park gates top of holgate (black hill)

There is no school now on Lindsay. I remember being at school getting people to sign a petition to stock the closure of the school. Nearly 10 years later I know live where the school was.

ey up scenic :i left lindsay rd school around 1961 i think.Then went to go to southey green then firth park,was previously @ maltby street school attercliffe.i remember the names of the teachers but only remember what crossley(was our form teacher) looked like.also remember mr stables.i used to live on lindsay crescent ,after moving from newhall road.happy to say now live in a warmer place,but still pop back to see the blades!!!!! Was one of the few blades and skinheads that actually lived round that area @ that time.it used to be a bit dodgey tryin to get to town with all the greebo's making ther way to lindsay road youth club.i was in sheffield and up there last week ,as said before no school now and soon to be some sort of dual carriage way or something on deerlands ave i heard.

i went to lindsay infants from 1953 to 1958. my first teacher was miss megginson. somewhere i have a school report. happy days.

went to lindsay road school 43-49 prefab type classrooms large playground 2 large air raid shelters full of jam-jars i believe these jars were collected for the war effort jam-jars were a lot bigger then 2 teachers i remember are miss tunstall who was verry fussy and mr cleary who had connections with the raf he looked the part with his ginger moustache years later it was reported in the star that he had passed away and as a mark of respect a flypast of aircraft had flown over his home names that i can still remember gloria wyatt margaret wallace harry theaker tony blunt kieth brassinton also one of the fowlers who used to live at the bottom of masters road i have a photo of one of the class groups about 37 in the class

went to lindsay road school 43-49 prefab type classrooms large playground 2 large air raid shelters full of jam-jars i believe these jars were collected for the war effort jam-jars were a lot bigger then 2 teachers i remember are miss tunstall who was verry fussy and mr cleary who had connections with the raf he looked the part with his ginger moustache years later it was reported in the star that he had passed away and as a mark of respect a flypast of aircraft had flown over his home names that i can still remember gloria wyatt margaret wallace harry theaker tony blunt kieth brassinton also one of the fowlers who used to live at the bottom of masters road i have a photo of one of the class groups about 37 in the class

We also collected old newspapers in one air raid shelter, I was there from '45 until '51. went back to visit about 2years after i left and couldn't believe that I sat at those small desks.

Can only remember one May Queen and that was Joyce Simmonite who lived on deerlands Ave where I lived, she was a stunner.

We also collected old newspapers in one air raid shelter, I was there from '45 until '51. went back to visit about 2years after i left and couldn't believe that I sat at those small desks.

Can only remember one May Queen and that was Joyce Simmonite who lived on deerlands Ave where I lived, she was a stunner.

I went from '56 till '61, I remember the air raid shelters! We used to collect loads of jam jars that were stored in there for recycling. Can't see young kids being allowed to carry glass jars to school these days.

Does anyone remember the song that Mr. Cleary taught us when we were due to leave school for the 6 week holidays, he left to teach at De La Salle School in Burngreave. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Francis Fawcett, Pat Ashton, Freda Woodhead and Jacqulene Bagshaw or others in that class, Marie Bowman lives in Newcastle.

Well Magablade, so it died after you left, so it was not down to me then in'56.

Great school, many good, funny and happy people and that was just the teachers, so the torch actually died without an Olympic event, maybe were ahead of our time, what a buggeration that was.

Schools are now getting better for the worse, unfortunately these people will be the new polititians, death where is your sting.(good init).