SIA Licensing?? Cost

The government dont get any money from the SIA its a quango, thats why its being scrapped and closed down, no doubt something else will be formed in its sted, maybe the'll go back to local government regulation. As long as it gets rid of some of the shirt fillers we've been lumped with due to the job centre handing out badges like sweets to numpties with no business being anywhere near a door unless it the one to their bedrooms.

As long as it gets rid of some of the shirt fillers we've been lumped with due to the job centre handing out badges like sweets to numpties with no business being anywhere near a door unless it the one to their bedrooms.

Spot on the mark.

Can I just use this opertunity to warn everyone against working for the company "Merlin Security" based at the Store Room on Ftizwilliam Rd, Rotherham. They are a company who can't see any benefit in paying it's staff.

Dear OP,

A license application will cost you £245.

A training course will cost you about £200, maybe more depending on where you go.

As for all the other comments, im sick of hearing about "all these jacket fillers from the job centre who dont belong anywhere near a door".

Those jacket fillers undertook the same kind of training as you, and went through the same SIA application process as you... and then through the same interview / recruitment process as you with the company you work for.

Just because they were unemployed and the job centre paid for their badge or training... does not make you better than them, only experience will make you better at the job than they are.

I understand a lot of people who go on security training from the job centre have no intention of working in security, the job centre offered me the training and i snapped their arm off! I wanted to work in security for a long time but didnt have money for training.

Am i a jacket filler because the job centre paid for my badge?

BE CAREFUL IT IS NOT A 2 DAY COURSE.

If anyone tells you different be aware that one so called training provider has just been suspended and over 200 licenses revoked due to them short cutting the course.

Go to a BSIA company see what they can do for you.

cost is from £160, some offer 2day course, u cant work without ya badge.. can take months to come through... took 3mths toget mine..

http://www.safehousetraining.com/training.htm?gclid=CMnSrcSX05wCFZwA4wod5C04Jw

Thought id shed some light on this topic as i have just completed the course and got my badge through....

I did a 5day course at a personal cost of £250

i then applied for my 3 year licence at a cost of £245

heres the important part.....

you send your application form and proof of ID etc to the SIA

once received into there system they will send you "An Application Reference Number" to track your progress online....

Upon receiving this Reference Number...You CAN, and i emphasise the word CAN work as a Door Supervisor or Security Guard.

You are covered by what is called an LDN

Licence Dispensation Notice

These are One time issue and valid for 10weeks

Heres what your not covered for as a door supervisor...

On an LDN, you are legally not allowed to remove people from the premises or to check an ID, but you can work inside a venue.

I applied for my licence and worked for 5weeks on my LDN before i received my Official Card Licence.

Hope this post clears things up.

Safe house looks good

Liking the cctv job title tho