SIA Licensing?? Cost

What is the average cost for a SIA license?? How long is training?? And how soon can you start work???

thanks mate, need a rough cost as I'm getting prices ranging from 160-380.

What is the average cost for a SIA license?? How long is training?? And how soon can you start work???
cost is from £160, some offer 2day course, u cant work without ya badge.. can take months to come through... took 3mths toget mine..

http://www.safehousetraining.com/training.htm?gclid=CMnSrcSX05wCFZwA4wod5C04Jw

Edited by madowl
safehouse..

thanks mate, need a rough cost as I'm getting prices ranging from 160-380.
all depends on what you want from the training... some people just see it as a badge to work... then get plonked on a night club door <removed> their pants... Edited by Merlina
Masked Swearing

^^^Thanks for that mate^^^

Want to be a door supervisor. Im getting average price around 160, but looked on another site which said 160 for training and then 280 for the actual license????? Is there a seperate cost for the actual license??

^^^Thanks for that mate^^^

Want to be a door supervisor. Im getting average price around 160, but looked on another site which said 160 for training and then 280 for the actual license????? Is there a seperate cost for the actual license??

Yes, you apply for it after your training

The licence application fee is £245 for a three year licence. The fee is to cover the cost of processing your application and is not refundable.

Edited by Lorri

thanks for that mate, thought it was around 160 all in. Gonna go for it soon. Does anyone know how easy it is to get work in Sheffield or surrounding areas as a door supervisor??

Training can cost anything between £130 and £160 - usually it's 3 days in a classroom with 2 tests after (very simple stuff).

The license costs £245 and lasts 3 years.

You CAN work legally whilst waiting for your license to come through, IF you have applied for your license AND you are working for a company that is registered with the SIA.

You CAN work legally whilst waiting for your license to come through, IF you have applied for your license AND you are working for a company that is registered with the SIA.

No you cant!

My brother in law is a head door man in sheffield and he had a break in the job while he did something else and his badge ran out and he had to wait while his new badge came through before he could work again and it took a few months

thanks for that mate, thought it was around 160 all in. Gonna go for it soon. Does anyone know how easy it is to get work in Sheffield or surrounding areas as a door supervisor??

My ex has worked in various bars in sheffield, chesterfield and rotherham, hes always changing venue as old work mates are ringing him wanting him to work with them again as they're short staffed.