How can I make more of my life, and cheer my miserable self up?

There is that SPICE thing someone on here used to harp on about, they meet up and do stuff.... Google it or search on here as I can’t remember the user. You say you tried internet dating, did you try a proper site or just the terrible free ones? I know a few people who have been on sites you have to pay for and as far as I am aware they don't get hassled by men looking for affairs. It seems if people are prepared to pay for the service they are more likely to be genuine. There are also the meets on here and the splinter group on facebook, you could attend one of those, I have met a few people from the forum and although the majority of them are sad losers some are OK.

;)

Can you give me more info on the splinter group? Or provide a link? What is it as I have never come across it before!

I feel like this many days but I feel reluctant to talk to anyone (for fear of getting the **** taking brigade along) and because as far as males are concerned, perhaps its not the done thing which leaves me no better off.

I hope you start feeling better soon Relost...

Thanks netheredge!

What about moving out of Rovverum?

Maybe you would have been better off selling the TV and keeping the car?

I recommend drastic action, now go bin (or sell) your TV, it sounds like another link in the chain that's keeping you down in your rut. You need to recognize that, and cut out all the stuff that pulls you down or drains your energy, or programs your mind for doom and gloom (TV does that).

So go join a gym, get fit, active energetic etc. Go running, salsa, swimming anything; honestly, life is jam packed with fun stuff to do, and it's just waiting for YOU to go out and do it.

No excuses..

I need to sell the car as i have a work cae which I may also use for personal. I am definately going to start on excersize, I need to do more!

What about moving out of Rovverum?

boredom will still be the same wherever I live. A house is a shell and it doesn't really matter where it is. Even if I lived in Sheffield it would still be the same. Where I live in Rotherham is pretty decent...

Ah, goodo. After re-reading, realise you didn't mention tablets.

There's definitely too much reading into things there!

As for texting and wording, pay no attention. Texted words without emotions or knowing how people write them, means some messages could be read differently by every person that reads it! (take that from me :hihi:)

If he's on the forum so what? (it's me really, isn't it!!:love::hihi:).. have a glass of wine, then ring him!

I know someone who was in that, even if the people are crap, they do some right good events!

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

There are loads of good people who go to them! (then again, I could be one of those said losers :hihi:)

Ok so his texts said "I'm sorry babes, X came up and had to xX, so I'm skint. How are you? x" (Sorry I don't want to go into detail as he will probably be identified and I will be shamed!)

Babes? Lol gives out the impression he does, but then again may just be the way he speaks...

You are right- too much reading into- forget the texts!

Ash- damn you found me out! Lol no hun it ain't you- never met you I don't think, so would have no idea of any of your charms! ;)

Whats the spice thing? Ok ok I'll go and search for info on it! I have been on some forum meets, and I agree not everyone is wierd, well ok most are but in a nice way!

I feel almost exactly the same as you relost! I am in a relationship at the moment, though, but I'm terrified when I get this low feeling that I'm going to push my partner away.

The feeling I get is 'there must be more to life than this' - I think it's been brought on because my social circle is changing at the moment - friends busy with their careers or settling down and although I have my own career, it's steady and doesn't take physically take me places so I often feel a bit lost. I feel aware that I shouldn't rely on my partner or friends to entertain me but knowing how to make constructive use of my time on my own and feeling happy with spending time on my own can be very difficult.

Despite this post making it sound like I'm a miserable bugger, I really am a sociable person and would also like to get out and do more things, meet more people just like relost so it's interesting to know what's out there!

Cool.. who's the band? I quite like singing, but whether I'm good enough to sing in any capacity other than to myself is another matter entirely! I'd love singing lessons, and maybe by Xmas when my cash flow has improved, I can do this.

Thanks epiphany, glad to know I'm not the only one out there feeling/ having felt like this. :)

Ooh, I've been looking for a singer for my acoustic stuff (not yet recorded). What style of vocals do you go for?

If you fancy some accompaniment for your singing, PM me and let me know. It's really good fun jamming with other musicians.

I think you're just going through one of the periodic assessments of life, that most people do, whether they're in a relationship or single. And usually our assessment tends to be on the gloomy side!

They say life goes in 7-year cycles, so you're just entering a new one. Don't know if it's true, but it's quite interesting.

You're quite right in saying the less you do, the less you want to do - it's easy to just drift along and not do anything positive. You could try something like this, it doesn't appear to be a dating service, just a way of getting together.

boredom will still be the same wherever I live. A house is a shell and it doesn't really matter where it is. Even if I lived in Sheffield it would still be the same. Where I live in Rotherham is pretty decent...

It sounds like you're really lacking any challenge in your life.

Maybe try something completely new that will take you out of your comfort zone: horse riding, abseiling, a part-time Open University degree? :)

Lady!

You know exactly where I am for a night of nattering, or to the cinema or something (even though it's me, doesn't always have to include alcohol!) :thumbsup:

If you look into those night classes - if you fancy a language, give me a bell as I've thought about that for a while. People who go to night classes are sometimes in the same position so lots more friends to be made that way too.

I can't say anymore than what's already been said to you about doing something different. Once I can drive I'll be over to yours so you'll be begging me to give my driving licence back! :hihi::hihi:

Seriously though, you always know where I am, only ever at the other end of the phone (as well you know) for anything.

X