LOAF hair salon in Crystal Peaks - any good?

My sister has had a colour, cut and highlights though her hair and it looks fab! She was really pleased xx

I would love a voucher if anyone has a spare, would love a new haircut it hasn't been done for about a year oops... :blush: Sounds like a good salon, all good reviews so far :)

I have got a bag full of vouchers pm me if you want one I am in Beighton. Had my free cut last week with Richard and I am well impressed. The salon is top class even the hair washing chair gives you a massage lol .

tying to pm you but your inbox is full

I have just been to LOAF and had my hair cut by Jess. She did a lovely job and spent over an hour cutting, drying and straightening my hair. I also got straight in without having to wait for her to finish anyone elses hair.

I would definately recommend them and plan on returning when i need my next cut.

Had a 50% off voucher very kindly given to me by Nicola on SF and following all the fantastic reviews on this thread was really excited at hopefully having an excellent cut at half price....

Not to be unfortunately!!!!

Had a 45 minute wait after having the top of my hair washed (the underneath was barely damp)

No apology from stylist for running late even though my appointment was early morning.

Tried to explain how I wanted my hair cut but she was totally disinterested and kept looking through the window and sighing

Started to cut but to her suggestions and not mine (wasnt wanting a complete restyle just tyding up the style I have, its an inverted bob and had just grown) I like it quite short at the back but said she couldnt cut it shorter as it wasnt long enough to cut short!!!:huh:

Described my fringe as two tufts!!! and that it didnt look at all good. Its actually quite a healthy fringe and told her that I wasnt happy with that comment

Started to feel quite aggitated by now and hoping that I wasnt going to regret coming

Told me that my home colour needed a rethink (wasnt home job at all)

Outcome was: She only took a small amount of hair off, blow dried and straightened. Didnt give me the impression that she was either interested or very competent. Very unproffessional attitude. Made me feel very uncomfortable to the point I wanted to leave.

Told me to come back in 6 weeks for a further cut to her specification and had the nerve to charge me for a full restyle........

Needless to say no return visit for me..........

You should (sooner rather than later) get in touch with Richard one of the directors, don't think he will be too impressed that you are not satisfied. He is an excellant hairdresser. I am surprised you paid the full amount if you weren't satisfied, I wouldn't have. Why should you pay for something you are not happy with? Good luck!

Well having had a 50% off voucher I didnt really pay full price. It cost me £27.50. I just wanted to leave and not cause a scene as the shop was full.

what difference would it make to you what the name of the stylist is ??

i once had my hair cut at another salon i wont mention the name,i didnt know who i was booked in with but i was sat down in a chair,i also said i just wanted my hair cutting back to how it was,and was told it would look better abit shorter.but said i like my hair to stay long so went against her advice.the woman who was cutting my hair (who only looked about 18) went chop chop chop and said is that ok for you i looked in the mirror and my hair was so short and some bits where alot longer than others.so i payed and left the salon almost in tears

i went back to complain and they said they would get some one else to sort my hair out,i declined and just asked for my money back as i didnt want any more cutting off my hair and they refused!!

then about 5 weeks later i got a text telling me to make another appointment as my hair would be due a cut!! deleted straight away!!!

I think if you are going to put your horror storys on here about what has happened to you then you should at least name the stylist. There are a few good stylists that i know work for loaf in crysal peaks and by these storys been posted you are giving the whole salon a bad name!!

It is not possible to please every single person and kno matter how hard you may try it doesnt always happen, i am a hairdresser myself and i strive to give the client exactly what they want. The client is the most important person but not every stylist's act this way. But my advice would be to contact richard i kno he will sort this matter out for you!

hiya

sorry to hear about your experience jezabel, feel really bad as i recommended the place to you! i had a good experience and thought my stylist was fab but just depends. i agree with the others tho get in touch with Richard-he is really fab and professional and would be horrified to hear about your experience.

i know sometimes stylists can suggest other styles or cuts as sometimes people just pick a style that just wont suit them and they are only trying to help but if she just wasnt listening etc then thats really bad and you should complain.

xx

I know how you feel about bad haircuts, I once went to toni and guy in chesterfield. the woman was so horrible i coulnt believe it. I asked for a few inches off the length, she said IT DOESNT NEED A FEW INCHES OFF IT LOOKS OK i was so shocked i said i wanted a couple of inches off. she was actualy really rough with me, she then only cut a tiny bit off and i was so upset i left the salon, got home examined my hair and found one side was loads longer than the other. i went to another hairdressers to get it sorted the same day as i never wanted to set foot in that toni and guy salon again. i complained to the manager in writing who offered me a free haircut, but refused to refund me as i had already had the problem rectified at another salon. he reckoned they were busy and somebody had phoned in sick so she was stressed. so what? she ruined my hair and its taken years to get it back to normal as its feathered at the front and she cut it so short one side its taken years to go back to normal. wish i could remember her name...name and shame!