Cross Lane - Special?

Wondered if anyone on here knows why Cross Lane is so special. Apart from the people who live there obviously.

I will explain ... Around 2/3 years ago Cross Lane was completely re-surfaced, as far as I know apart from Springvale Road, no other road in Crookes had the same treatment.

Now the pavements on Cross Lane are being re-surfaced, WHY????

Surely roads are priorities. We had someone down our road filling in a few pot holes, but that is about it.

The residents on that road are quite impatient so they're given priority. Apparently if they don't get what they want they get very cross!

Maybe they are unsafe, who knows. You could always ring and ask...

Now the pavements on Cross Lane are being re-surfaced, WHY????

Surely roads are priorities. We had someone down our road filling in a few pot holes, but that is about it.

No they haven't. They've been slurry-sealed. It's a treatment which can be applied to footways whose surface is drying out and crumbling. Esentially a coating is brushed over it, which holds it all together for a few more years. It's a low cost alternative to resurfacing.

Quite a few roads in Crookes have had this treatment lately.

I once knew a girl who lived on Cross Lane - she was very special.