Charles Clifford Dental hospital

Does anyone know anything about visiting Charles Clifford Dentists?

I havent been to a dentist for years, and need some treatment, plus have a fear of the dentists...

Would I be able to visit Charles Clifford as a new NHS patient?

Would I have a long (weeks) wait?

Could i have work done while asleep (whether by gas or injection) if I wanted as cant face any drilling or pulling without it?

Any suggestions / advice welcome.

You can only get an emergency appointment if your face is swollen,also there is usually a waiting list for sedation.

You can only get an emergency appointment if your face is swollen,also there is usually a waiting list for sedation.

how many years has it been like that for cos i went in and got treated within a few hours in 1996

Go in and sign up - they will tell you you may have to wait for up to 6 months (in reality you won't be waiting very long as they have a high turnover). Not sure about general or gas so the previous comment about waiting a bit longer makes sense.

I got referred to by a dentist but you can go in and sign up and get put on the same waiting list.

It is all free as it is a teaching hospital. I had a fair bit of work done and although they are students they are pretty much fully trained and quite confident and competent - they aren't allowed to do any work without the go ahead of a senior dentist

how many years has it been like that for cos i went in and got treated within a few hours in 1996

There is a waiting list for sedation,they dont just do it there and then..and it wasnt years or months in fact it was just a few weeks ago.

Don't you think your colleagues could have been winding you up? Don't forget the students who do the work on your teeth are normally in their final year - so you could get a dentist who is just about ready to qualify - and who will then go out into the big wide world of dentistry.

She's not really the kind to wind me up, all I know is she was referred by her own dentist there for an extraction of her wisdom teeth and the work was completed unsupervised by a student that didn't seem happy with the task he was doing, halfway through he went and got his supervisor who came in and was not happy with what had been done and 6 hours later she was let out, she was not given any kind of local injection and was very poorly for about a week, when she had to go back to her own dentist.

Hi,

I'm a qualified and experienced dental nurse and I would say to pretty much ignore any bad comments on this thread. Please dont be put off by others comments.

Give Charles Clifford a ring first thing in a morning or call 0845 46 47 (NHS direct) and explain your situation, they will put you in touch with an emergency service in your area.

Hope this helps and you get it sorted.

yeah and please let us know how you get on.

There seems to be a lot of positives about the place, it's just a shame that I've (apart from reading this thread) only heard unfortunate experiences.

They do say that if you have a good experience you'll tell 2 or 3 people whereas if you recieve bad service you will tell 10-20 people.

Charles clifford are good iv never had a problem they have always numbed me up gd and never had any pain after visiting the students are very friendly and its free pluss id take any pain outher than tooth pain imo its the worst pain ever