What's Swallownest/Aston like to live in?

I live at Aston, in my opinion its nicer than swallownest. I live near aston hall, just round the corner from the church. its really quiet, shops not far. It is a pain hvoing rotherham council at times, with things like bin collection- the black one only gets collected every 2 weeks. and we dont have a blue bin for cardboard, like Sheffield do.

I think some of swallownest is a bit grubby.. the wesley area/holderness/ (26 bus route) always seems to be alot of really trampy looking people about.

but we have a green bin for cardboard and garden cuttings, and a blue bag for paper

I live at Aston, in my opinion its nicer than swallownest. I live near aston hall, just round the corner from the church. its really quiet, shops not far. It is a pain hvoing rotherham council at times, with things like bin collection- the black one only gets collected every 2 weeks. and we dont have a blue bin for cardboard, like Sheffield do.

I think some of swallownest is a bit grubby.. the wesley area/holderness/ (26 bus route) always seems to be alot of really trampy looking people about.

i thought wesley avenue and holderness were classed as being in aston ?

It might be. I just dont like the look of it

i grew up near wesley avenue, im in hunters bar now and i see far more 'trampy' looking people here than i ever did there...

went back the other week as my mums still there, appears all the pubs are closed or closing! but they are building a multi-storey doctors so there probably wont be the 2 week wait for a doctor as there has been for years!

went back the other week as my mums still there, appears all the pubs are closed or closing! but they are building a multi-storey doctors so there probably wont be the 2 week wait for a doctor as there has been for years!

The ones in swallownest have. all boarded up. theres that pavillion place open, but it looks a right dive, and theres always dodgy looking characters stood outside it

But at the other end, near me the BlueBell/Yellow Lion are open.

as for the doctors though, which one did you go to? partner called them (the one near lodge lane) last thursday, and had an appointment monday

So you live in Aston, no bad areas ?, pull the other one, how stuck-up can you be. What about the Townend Shops area, a local area of Aston rife with youths and cars at night making their noise, what about the doctors estate not exactly picture postcard is it, some areas of The Chase also. Why say Rotherham Council is a pain you have His Majesty Councilor Gerald Smith living just around the corner from you. Anything wanting to be done in Aston gets done, not like the forgotten Swallownest and Aughton areas who never seem to get anything done. As for the blue bin and cardboard, you have a Green Bin that you can put your cardboard in, read the sticker on the bin as to what can & cannot be put in it. I once put a question to Rotherham Council that in 30 years of living in Aughton I had never seen a Road Sweeper on my street the answer was they come once every six months, you have 2 blokes in a pickup truck (Parish Council) in the Aston area every day cleaning and tidying up.

Edited by brus

So you live in Aston, no bad areas ?, pull the other one, how stuck-up can you be. What about the Townend Shops area, a local area of Aston rife with youths and cars at night making their noise, what about the doctors estate not exactly picture postcard is it, some areas of The Chase also. Why say Rotherham Council is a pain you have His Majesty Councilor Gerald Smith living just around the corner from you. Anything wanting to be done in Aston gets done,.

I didnt say there was no bad areas did I. I said the part where I live, is nice. Which it is. And as for things getting done, you should see the state of our road/pavement that they've resurfaced. Biggest bodge job Ive seen in a long time.

aston would be perfect for you to live in as it is very close to lots of amenities such as crystal peaks shopping centre and morrisons also is very close to beighton

also brus every area has its bad points cant expect everywhere to be heaven lol you get yobs everywhere nowadays hard to stop all that

I lived there for a good few years and loved the area. Most of the people were really friendly, some good local pups, great general amenities, very close to things like the Motorway, Crystal Peaks, Rother Valley etc.

The town and postcode in the address was a Sheffield one, plus the phone number too, but yes we did pay council tax to Rotherham and not Sheffield (but that was good, as they're a damn sight better at road clearing and bin emptying! AND it was cheaper!!!)

Enjoy, it's a great place to be!!!

Thinking about moving to Swallownest and wondered if anyone already there can answer a few questions for me:

Nearest Gym and Facilities?

Shops in Area?

Public Transport to and from Sheffield for a Night Out?

Anything Else I Should Know?

Thanks in advance for any help

Tom

nearest gym is at Aston comp with pool

shops are butchers, 2 chemists, a lest 2 beauty shops ,3 Chinese takeaways 3 chip shops,other takeaways, 3 supermarkets,greengrocers, some pubs, pool hall, churches, petrol station, doctors, dentists, garden centre, high school, nursery schools, junior schools, some corner shops, restaurants, fire station, care homes,

Public transport to Sheffield, Rotherham, worksop, Crystal peaks not sure of times.

Some bad areas.

Youth clubs, run by Rotherham council.

good transport area to most places

Good schools all round.