What's Swallownest/Aston like to live in?

Originally Posted by bladesman123

so it is sheffield then

i live in swallownest and my address ends swallownest sheffield

posted by brus

It once said OXO on the side of a London bus, but it did'nt sell them.

that has to be one of the most irrelevant comments i have ever seen on SF

If you live in Swallownest you should know that you pay your council tax to Rotherham Council, if you lived in Sheffield would you not pay them to Sheffield Council, it's obvious if you pay them to Rotherham thats where you live Rotherham, not Sheffield.

so it is sheffield then

posted by brus

If you live in Swallownest you should know that you pay your council tax to Rotherham Council, if you lived in Sheffield would you not pay them to Sheffield Council, it's obvious if you pay them to Rotherham thats where you live Rotherham, not Sheffield.

Then why do i have a sheffield post code, sheffield telephone number and a sheffield address ???

so it is sheffield then

posted by brus

nah - I pay mine to NEDDC but most definatly do NOT live in Chesterfield.

Would that be Eckington or Killamarsh Saxondale? Both of which I would class as Sheffield

Would that be Eckington or Killamarsh Saxondale? Both of which I would class as Sheffield

yes .................

Then why do i have a sheffield post code, sheffield telephone number and a sheffield address ???

Sheffield post codes extend out as far as Worksop, Chesterfield and Barnsley, but that means nothing. Nor does the telephone number; the GPO can assign any district it wants to any area it wants, but it was not the local authority and its word is not law.

Swallownest has never been in Sheffield. The city boundaries do not extend so far east - although further south, they do, and enclose Beighton and Mosborough.

ITS SHEFFIELD AS IS THE BEST PART OF ROTHERHAM live with it

and more to the point yes its a nice place good local shops ect

ASSISTANT MOD NOTE: Can we now stay on the topic please as the thread is drifting off into a further debate. Any further posts on the topic of Sheff/Rotherham will be deleted.

I have lived in Swallownest for 25yrs and love it!

At the moment it breaks my heart to say it , but I'm moving on.

The reason, the wife wants to live near her family in Wath upon Dearne. Wath upon Dearne area looks fine and we have reserved a plot on the Manvers way development with Glade-Dale building company.

My house is currently for sale: 6 Harrogate Rd, Swallownest and is up with Haybrook with 5% dep paid.

http://www.propertyfinder.com/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=505272048&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&regionid=&tb=&c=30113146&tm=1252006136

I can only agree with the above comments, me, my wife and two kids will miss Swallownest and all that it has to offer, good luck with your search.

Andy

I've lived there about years now and I love it, never see much trouble, a few groups of kids but they're too busy playing football to cause trouble!

Edited by Tess

I live at Aston, in my opinion its nicer than swallownest. I live near aston hall, just round the corner from the church. its really quiet, shops not far. It is a pain hvoing rotherham council at times, with things like bin collection- the black one only gets collected every 2 weeks. and we dont have a blue bin for cardboard, like Sheffield do.

I think some of swallownest is a bit grubby.. the wesley area/holderness/ (26 bus route) always seems to be alot of really trampy looking people about.