The old Disused Chapeltown Railway Station -Where is it ?

Hi Kidnestone the bridge you are on about is called Trowel bridge it used to run into Pilley pit yard past the coking ovens, that was in the early 50s

---------- Post added 18-08-2016 at 00:09 ----------

Nigel I think you are getting 2 bucket lines mixed up,one went over Cowley lane near the bridge which is still there,the other went from Thorncliffe to Westwood,I was at high green school when a lad died ridding on the buckets and did not let go and got hurt on the turn table,I will not put his name on here.

---------- Post added 18-08-2016 at 00:15 ----------

Nigel I think you are getting 2 bucket lines mixed up,one went over Cowley lane near the bridge which is still there,the other went from Thorncliffe to Westwood,I was at high green school when a lad died ridding on the buckets and did not let go and got hurt on the turn table,I will not put his name on here.

The original Chapeltown station is about 1/2 mile up from where it is now.

The old station is now a house/cottage, and can be accessed off White Lane, go past Carters Ford Garage on Station Rd, and its on your left as you climb the hill and you go past where the old line crossed by a bridge which was long since demolished.

1/2 a mile.?? it's about 10 yards it's next to the Asda one...

the Blackburn valley line chapeltown central station is across from the old speedwell factory.. up the hill towards Warren lane.. there was a station at mortomley on that line too...

I'm sure theres loads of info on train enthusiasts websites etc on chap south and central stations

Edited by WestTinsley

there were 2 old stations on 2 different lines... chapeltown south (current chapeltown station albeit moved a few yards downline) and chapeltown central on Blackburn valley line ..which was closed for passenger transport decades ago