The old Disused Chapeltown Railway Station -Where is it ?

After doing some local research ,i came across info on The Old Railway station in Chapletown and was wondering exactly where it is . i would love to have a wander up to it .

i found this article ,and according to this ,the old station is well hidden in overgrown woodlands

Edited by MR BENN

the old station is at the end of station road on your left just after where you turn left up to the thornecliffe estate you can actually see either side of the road where the old bridge used to be just before you turn right to the scout place at the bottom of white lane, if you google chap i think you can see the old station house

Edited by mh01

I think it's right in the middle of this screen shot..

clicky

its the building just to the left where it says b6135 in ash's shot

theres actually another old station about 200yards up from the existing used station although its only platform thats left now you can still walk along it to get to the platform for l**ds & huddersfield. this old 1 was closed in the very late 80s if i remember rightly before they built the new 1 alongside the asda

Edited by mh01

its the building just to the left where it says b6135 in ash's shot

Yeah, thought so. If you zoom out once or twice, you can still see the rail layout remains, where the trees part.

if you walk in the woods you can follow the old lines past the station house and through the wood,there is even an old signal in there

if you walk in the woods you can follow the old lines past the station house and through the wood,there is even an old signal in there

If the OP hasn't found it after two years, and never thought "Coo, Station Road?", posting now won't help!

That`s very interesting. That is the ex MSLR / GCR / LNER / BR(E) station. The moved station was the ex MR / LMS / BR(LMR) one, that is still open on its new site.

I walked as much of the original route as was possible from the station to Tankersley (at the side of Mc Donalds). Got as far as THIS TUNNEL but i was unable to get under as it has been bricked up. It was a fantastic walk. Found an old signal complete with ladder attached, Parts of other old signals and ladders poking out of the ground and the odd railway sleeper.

The old station on white lane is still there ,its now private housing