Cat Abuse Treatment Society collection bin at Morrisons, Ecclesfield

Please be aware that August, September and October 2009 is when Cat Abuse Treatment Society has their opportunity to collect donations of cat food in the Ecclesfield branch of Morrisons.

Due to bureaucratic negotiations (which I'm not permitted to discuss), you won't find a collection bin on display. PLEASE ENSURE ALL DONATIONS ARE BAGGED AND HANDED IN TO CUSTOMER SERVICES, STATING THEY ARE FOR CAT ABUSE TREATMENT SOCIETY.

As you are all well aware, Jackie's only source of financial and food support for her charges is through kind donations. Please spread the word that the absence of a visible collection bin does not mean Jackie no longer needs your wonderful support.

Thanks for listening xxx

Would it be worth trying to get a little article in the star or local magazine for her do you think?

We could do with a new publicity officer i think on here?

Would it be worth trying to get a little article in the star or local magazine for her do you think?

We could do with a new publicity officer i think on here?

I'll mention it to Jackie and the Trustees, but I leave all those decisions to them as I'm just a Volunteer. It sounds like a good idea, but as I say, there are bureaucratic negotiations ongoing.

That sounds daft, most people wont go on here and wont know to donate, im sure there was one for dogs in their other week.

That sounds daft, most people wont go on here and wont know to donate, im sure there was one for dogs in their other week.

As I said, there are ongoing bureaucratic negotiations which I'm not permitted to discuss. Discussions between the charity and Morrisons are confidential. I'm simply raising awareness that there is a procedure in place for people wishing to make donations of food to the charity at this time.

Jackie would be grateful if the word could be spread in the meantime.

I'll let my mum know, she puts food in the bins. So do I and i'll put it behind the desk.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll let my mum know, she puts food in the bins. So do I and i'll put it behind the desk.

Thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome, Gina.

Many thanks, in advance, for your continued support xxx

As I said, there are ongoing bureaucratic negotiations which I'm not permitted to discuss. Discussions between the charity and Morrisons are confidential. I'm simply raising awareness that there is a procedure in place for people wishing to make donations of food to the charity at this time.

Jackie would be grateful if the word could be spread in the meantime.

Such a shame because the chairty might not get much donations now. Im not sure what bureaucratic donations mean tbh but i just think its a shame shes not allowed to have a bin with the rest of the charities. Unless they have stopped putting theirs now.

does not make sense to me,as the morrissons in hillsborough has got three bins,one for the pal charity for dogs,one for dog trust and one for a cat charity,not sure which one though,and it has been there for quite a while

does not make sense to me,as the morrissons in hillsborough has got three bins,one for the pal charity for dogs,one for dog trust and one for a cat charity,not sure which one though,and it has been there for quite a while

i wonder if beuricratic (sp) negotiations means its the choice of c.a.t.s though. Like i said i dont know what it means. Im sure there was a thread on here not long ago about other charities taking donations out of other charities bins, so maybe its the choice of the charity to do this to stop it happening.

Edited by BladeDD

The bureaucratic negotiations which are going on at the moment with Morrisons, Ecclesfield is that management have agreed that if we get a more professionally designed bin put together - and I must admit that the one I made on behalf of CATS was 'in your face', a shiny black bin with bright pink posters - that they will have no problem with us having the bin re-installed. Great news so I am off now to Pets@Home to take a photo of theirs in the hope that this will meet the criteria. I am sure that CATS' super volunteer carpenter will be able to make something similar. Supermarkets and Pets@Home are under pressure from head offices to meet corporate image criteria and having worked in a corporate company I quite understand this. However, things are now moving forward and I'm sure it won't be too long before the bin is back! In the meantime please leave donations of food behind Customer Services won't you?? Thanks so much.

........i just think its a shame shes not allowed to have a bin with the rest of the charities........

Who said Cat Abuse Treatment Society have been advised they are no longer permitted to have a bin in Morrisons?

The matter is confidential. All people need to know is that donations of food are to be bagged and handed in to Customer Services stating that they are for Cat Abuse Treatment Society.

Please do not speculate on a public forum when you have no information, and do not have authorisation from the Patron or Trustees to discuss this matter.