Do you ever become annoyed by the threads on S.F..

Threads don't really bother me much on any subject but I do get slightly upperty with with really stupid ones where a quick google sorts it out or a really daft question is asked.

"If I hit my big toe with a hammer, will it hurt?" sort of stuff.

"If I hit my big toe with a hammer, will it hurt?" sort of stuff.

and they even add a poll :hihi:

I do get genuinely irritated from time to time, but by and large just have a chuckle at the most rabid posters/topics. I think SF is a great example of a small number of very active agititators who see themselves as 'the voice of the people'. A vocal minority who insist they are a silent majority.

Also I'm not keen on the way that people can act like the 'Big I Am' on the forum, though this is a strength and weakness of the format I guess. There's a lot less courtesy than you would expect talking with someone face to face.

If I have one pet hate, it's definitely when some of the smaller minded posters amongst us compound their points (which are generally gramatically indecipherable) by typing something like '...FACT:thumbsup:'.

Its not to be taken seriously,its only a online life.

Sheffield Forum remains useful if you want local information in a hurry. There's a large readership and there's usually someone who can provide an answer to an urgent practical question regarding anything to do with Sheffield.

However anything regarding discussion or opinion about current events or politics is a complete waste of time. There's just too much antagonism to make it worthwhile.

and they even add a poll :hihi:

Ner. No one would do that.......would they? :D

Lots of things (and people) on the forum frustrate and enrage me.

Thankfully I have the ability to go and do something else to switch off, and there are days when I just can't face posting on the forum, so just put my admin hat on and do the Helpdesk and my emails. Knowing when to type a reply and then press 'back' rather than 'return' is a really handy thing to keep hold of too.

:hihi::hihi: I do that a lot too. :D

Constantly! How can there be so many people in the world that disagree with me and don't get my humour? And I'm so funny and reasonable and non-judgmental :D

I deal with it by having down times, there's been several occasions when I've withdrawn from online SF life. I think 6 months was the longest I've stayed away, with intermittant lurking :hihi:

I cant say as I have ever noticed you not been on here Rubes, maybe its because unlike other posters you hav'nt made a big deal of leaving. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

threads like why is the police helicopter in the air and whats happening at such and such road/area grind my gears lol

I LOVE the rantings and ravings of people of all sorts of different mixes around the South Yorkshire area.. that's why I come on here.

I want to see the different point of views and how they are different to my own personal viewpoints.

threads like why is the police helicopter in the air and whats happening at such and such road/area grind my gears lol

But that's because as a whole - people WANT to know what is going on here there and everywhere.

Society as a whole is nosey.. I will admit that myself.

I want to know what people are upto and where so when I see a police chopper hovering overhead, I want to know what is going on.

Sad but true - but I am a 30 year old nosey person.

There are some genuinly interesting people on here. You can have a good discussion with most of them.

Then there's Halibut :suspect: