Do you ever become annoyed by the threads on S.F..

Do you ever become annoyed by the threads on S.F.?

If so why do use the forum, because it is a useful resource, or you enjoy a mass debate?

You have to learn when to leave. I couldn't post on here all day every day, it'd send me mad.

i love mass debating

errrrrrrm

[/crap joke mode off]

yeah certain subjects infuriate me with the sheer amount of times they crop up...yet some things get forgotten about

Lots of things (and people) on the forum frustrate and enrage me.

Thankfully I have the ability to go and do something else to switch off, and there are days when I just can't face posting on the forum, so just put my admin hat on and do the Helpdesk and my emails. Knowing when to type a reply and then press 'back' rather than 'return' is a really handy thing to keep hold of too.

Anything that becomes a slanging match or just trading opinions rather than an interesting discussion that I might learn something from is annoying

Frequently. I lurked here for years on and off 'cos it's a great place for tips about local services, but opinionated people used to drive me away from discussions. It's better these days as there seem to be more reasonable thinkers frequenting.

I just try not to get involved when it's clear that others only want an argument and will not be willing to consider my view fairly.

Constantly! How can there be so many people in the world that disagree with me and don't get my humour? And I'm so funny and reasonable and non-judgmental :D

I deal with it by having down times, there's been several occasions when I've withdrawn from online SF life. I think 6 months was the longest I've stayed away, with intermittant lurking :hihi:

Yes, I use the forum because it is a useful resource. I would also use the forum to debate out tough issues and various deep topics but doubt that will happen on this forum as it simply isn't geared that way. It is a useful tool none the less however. Not crying over spilt milk, it is what it is! :)

I find the forum a useful resource.

Edited by tulipa

It could be annoying having your posts removed... that is if you actually gave a damn :hihi:

I don't post very often but everytime I feel myself getting wound up by the forum I just take a day off of looking at it

i love mass debating

errrrrrrm

[/crap joke mode off]

Blast you beat me to it ...so to speak!

I use SF quite a bit and never get annoyed as I only read threads i'm interested in .To the OP.. It's a bit like saying 'do you get annoyed by progs on the TV.. don't watch them!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
fixed quotes