Pope says atheists are responsible for global warming

This is what I said in an earlier post and I will ask the question again, is the Pope right or wrong to be concerned about consumerism and the environment?

The Pope is of course right to be concerned about the environment and the ever increasing rape of the Earths natural resources to keep up with the demand of a human population that is growing enormously.

Perhaps some form of contraception may be helpful in reigning in the human plague?

The Pope is of course right to be concerned about the environment and the ever increasing rape of the Earths natural resources to keep up with the demand of a human population that is growing enormously.

Perhaps some form of contraception may be helpful in reigning in the human plague?

You are ignoring the fact our own consumerism in this throw away age is probably far greater than our grandparents and you can't blame the Pope for that.

Then people blame the Pope for AIDS which will decimate some countries. So you can't blame the Pope for large populations there.

Then we see high birth rates in families who are not Catholic or native to this country. You can't blame the Pope for that.

Then we see increased STIs and increase in teen pregnancy, not because they are Catholic but often because they can't be bothered or they haven't got anything and you can't blame the Pope for that.

So how about people stop winging and take personal responsibility for their own actions and stop finding fault with everyone else.

So how about people stop winging and take personal responsibility for their own actions and stop finding fault with everyone else.

i.e. do the exact opposite of the Pope?

"and the objective of existence is reduced to a feverish race to possess the most possible."

Never a truer word spoken imo.

What has he said wrong?

says the very pope who has his own pimped out pope motor and wears plenty of bling. :hihi:

i.e. do the exact opposite of the Pope?

Just do the right thing for yourself and the rest of the country, stop blaming other people for your own actions, and remember the buck stops with you.

When the pope gives up all his worldly goods I might just possibly take more notice of him.

(but then again perhaps not)

When the pope gives up all his worldly goods I might just possibly take more notice of him.

(but then again perhaps not)

Just do what is right.

Just do the right thing for yourself and the rest of the country, stop blaming other people for your own actions, and remember the buck stops with you.

I do.

Evidently the Pope and the organisation he represents, on the other hand, would rather try to pass all blame for all the world's ills onto people he disagrees with, even if that means making completely unfounded accusations.

I do.

Evidently the Pope and the organisation he represents, on the other hand, would rather try to pass all blame for all the world's ills onto people he disagrees with, even if that means making completely unfounded accusations.

I imagine you do Crayfish. :)

In the context of the entire speech his reference to atheism is a single sentence which attributes inconsiderate creation to godlessness. I don’t think you could reasonable dispute that this is nonsense, but at the same time it has been totally taken out of context. It is simply an affirmation of the Catholic belief that godlessness discourages abstinence and leads to unsustainable birth rates. He clearly states the need for solidarity between nations and individuals, the need for governments to regulate social and economic consumption of global resources, all without reference to atheism. Nor does he exclude Catholics of responsibility.

Portraying it as a dichotomy while turning it around and blaming Catholics for climate change achieves nothing. We are responsible as a group of human beings, atheist, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, whatever.

That's rich coming from the mob who refuse to sanction birth control even when the only other option is death, sat around in their palaces wanting for nothing whilst eyeing up the alter boys.

His Paplenesses speech is here.

I don't know if the above is true as i switched off any listening aparatus many years ago after hearing their position on homosexuality. It does have echos of the narrow minded discrimination that all sensible people tie in to views of the vaticun and its bigotry. If it has any sense of truth; here-here to the above statement.Birth control is within our capacity, we suffer gripes of an ever increasing population-a lot of which is due to ill advice of religion nut job figure heads such as the pope. A truely mental institution.

Portraying it as a dichotomy while turning it around and blaming Catholics for climate change achieves nothing. We are responsible as a group of human beings, atheist, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, whatever.

Wasn't trying to turn it around. My central argument is aligned with your last point, that all peoples are responsible regardless of religious affiliation. The Pope's speech (that small part of it) quite clearly made a link between atheism and consumerism/environmental damage, which is incorrect.