What would you like to see at Hillsborough Corner?

What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see at Hillsborough Corner?

• Yet another bar!
    • A diner
    • A takeaway
    • Flats
    • Something else (please state in your reply)

I agree with Invalid user- a starbucks or a subway would be GREAT!!! :D

Soupcon ............

Nico is an arrogant, nasty piece of work with more money than decency. He doesn't live in Hillsborogh but thinks it's perfectly acceptable to buy any vacant property in the area and then leave it vacant for years on end. He leaves his properties to deteriorate and then tries to hold the local planning dept/council to ransom by saying he won't improve them unless they give him planning permission for whatever he wants to do to them, regardless of what they say. He really is NOT a nice person. I have spoken to hm face to face before and he becoame very threatening towards me because I stood up to him. He doesn't like people who's opinions differ from his own.

Avoid him and his properties/buisnesses like the plague!

What I can't work out is, why does he do it? How does he make any money out of them by letting them go to rack and ruin?

what i'd like to see is a decent Thai restaurant

Most of the businesses that people on the forum want existed in Hillsborough and on Infirmary Rd before the tram planted itsself on us.There were pubs that must have been profitable none have ever shut down,and shops very rarely became vacant.We had a swimming baths a decent sized Woolies,betting shops and newsagents,banks ,you could buy anything on that stretch of road all in walking distance of Hillsboro corner.Then came the tram and sadly despite all the promises from different organisations as to the future of Hillsborough we have ended up with a dump that seems to be sinking lower every week.

I wouldn't say Hillsborough was a dump but it could do with some improving! There's definately money to be spent as you can't get a decent 3 bed terrace now for less than a hundred grand and loads of houses are being done up, it's just a shame that people's money is being spent in town when it could be spent in Hillsborough.

Why can't Nico rent out these properties to businesses that would help improve the area, then he wouldn't have to make any effort himself and would be getting some return on his investment rather than people wanting to boycot whatever he decides to churn out!

would be nice to see a wednesdayites head on a spike just 2 remind us all that its the biggest s***ole in sheffield :hihi:

OK so let me see - a Wetherspoons where the Deep end was. Yep. A nice bookshop/coffee shop in Greenwoods. Yep. A small M&S on the Harios site. Yep. Avoiding all Nico's businesses and moving him back to where he belongs. Yep. Why not hand over the planning to the people whom it affects? It appears we could make a much better job than the people who are paid cast amounts of money to do it!

would be nice to see a wednesdayites head on a spike just 2 remind us all that its the biggest s***ole in sheffield :hihi:

Hillsborough is actually quite nice - only brought down by the stereotypical footie yob type, you know the kind I mean, join a forum just to make idiotic remarks that have nothing to do with what is being discussed.

The very last thing Hillsborough needs is a Wetherspoons opening till 1 in the morning.

Since the demise of the Deep End the corner has become relatively quiet at night.

For the first time in years you don't feel intimidated when walking through.

Only need to get rid of the Blue Ball's moronic babies now and the area might just begin to feel good again.

As for the corner a Tesco express would be good.

I agree with you Broncolives, a tesco express would be great or a wee marks and sparks. Don't really need another bar, think there's quite enough already! noticed brand new double glazed windows going into what used to be the Oxfam shop so hopefully will be utilised soon as a real eyesore. As for football yobs, if you don't like Hillsborough don't come, it's not rocket science :loopy:

no more pubs/bars - maybe a really nice restaurant or apartments