Sign in to follow this  

Mellow Wednesday nights

Yawn. Here we go..

E-Man Groovin is plugging another one of his ventures again...

This is really nice... honest!

Cafe Chill @ Trippets Bar

Trippets Lane

Every Wednesday from 8.30(ish) until 1am.

Laid back mellow music by DJ Z-Man featuring the likes of Blue States, Portishead, Groove Armarda and Fragile State. Plus some old skool like Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone and Al Green thrown in for good measure.

Bill's always behind the bar with his banter and his huge selection of great wines and scrummy food. The atmosphere is always cosy, warm, friendly and chilled-out. What better way to pass those long dark winter evenings...

see ya there?

Z-Man

P.S. Free nice smile to everyone who mentions Sheffield Forum to the DJ....

ooh that sounds just lovely.

when does it start, next wed the 1st?

my friend is making a tune with morcheeba at the mo, so maybe i'll bring it down for the sheffield premier?! when its done of course - you know what these musicians are like...

Originally posted by E-Man Groovin

Yawn. Here we go..

E-Man Groovin is plugging another one of his ventures again...

This is really nice... honest!

Cafe Chill @ Trippets Bar

Trippets Lane

Every Wednesday from 8.30(ish) until 1am.

Laid back mellow music by DJ Z-Man featuring the likes of Blue States, Portishead, Groove Armarda and Fragile State. Plus some old skool like Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone and Al Green thrown in for good measure.

Bill's always behind the bar with his banter and his huge selection of great wines and scrummy food. The atmosphere is always cosy, warm, friendly and chilled-out. What better way to pass those long dark winter evenings...

see ya there?

Z-Man

P.S. Free nice smile to everyone who mentions Sheffield Forum to the DJ....

Anything to lend !!!

you're gonna be going head to head with the new night at takapunas! don't worry its focus is on vocal drum and bass by the treacle crew. sickly.

Hi Tina,

It actually started yesterday and nice and luscious and scrummy it was too. A good number of people turned up, although slightly student heavy - more townspeople please... If I can go to work every Thursday with a hangover so can you!

YES PLEASE about bringing the new Morcheeba cut down to one of the sessions! Just say a big hi to the DJ (me) and I'll have it slapped on the decks quicker than you can say.. well.. 'Morcheeba'!

And Mr Da Bouncer - hope to see you there at some point.

Hugs

E-Man/Z-Man

saw the flyer-postcards for it in the showroom last night so the word is spreading...

souls of mischief. nice one.

Nudge, bump, kick...

See you all there tomorrow night?

Free smiles and warm vibes for Sheffield Forum members

8)

Zeddy

Tomorrow night eh! Might see if I can drop by for a pint or two!

hmm yeah. I know I said I hate Discotheques (you want a Gramophone, grandpa?) but then you said 'Nina Simone', and I could hardly resist. Might have to wait until next week though when I don't have a 7am start the next day.

Yay! Look forward to seeing lovely Sheffield Forum people there - this week or next!

Zeddy x

Hey Zeddy (LOL)

We have missed you at the last two unoffical events

I do hope you can make one in your own time

Or maybe you can organise something that a few of us might come along to instead, it is a hard heart that has no room for a bit of poetry and soul

Hiya Lou,

Hey, I'm still as poetic as ever! I've been living a bit hard recently but am planning on having a mellower October. It's a tough life being a superstar DJ (not!).

Yeah would very much like to make it down to one of the forum meets. I think both of the previous ones were on dates that I couldn't do. Here's hoping that the next one is on a date that's better for me. I'm looking forward to putting some faces to the avatars! That is of course if I don't meet lots of you guys at Trippets on Wednesday evenings.

Z x