What age do toddlers stop wanting milk at night?

This started a few nights ago when LO wouldn't have any milk, I put this down to being very tired, (he was up for 4 hours the previous night) last night he had a couple of ounze, tonight nothing again, wouldn't have the bottle near him, so I tried to give him some out of cup, again didn't really have any, he kept letting most of it come back out (he knows how to use a cup as been doing so since 7 mths). so just wondering what ages your LO stopped having milk at night, I'll be intrigued to see if I am up in the night giving him any milk, he is 18 mths. thanks

yep, ours too!

Ed is nearly 19months and started refusing milk about a month ago. He has the odd sip some nights, other nights he'll have a couple of ounces, and some nights nothing...

I offer him a couple of ounces anyway, but if he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it.

hope that helps :)

yep, ours too!

Ed is nearly 19months and started refusing milk about a month ago. He has the odd sip some nights, other nights he'll have a couple of ounces, and some nights nothing...

I offer him a couple of ounces anyway, but if he doesn't want it, he doesn't want it.

hope that helps :)

have you started increasing the amount he eats during the day to compensate? Sam eats what I think is alot, and currently sleeps though (well most nights) and I want to keep it that way!!

No, to be honest I think the milk at night was just a comfort thing.

We do offer him water if he wakes in the night now, but thats about it.

He tends to eat when he's hungry and asks for more if he's not full anyway, so he regulates his own food.

Saying that though, he's eating for England this week!! :D

Charlie started refusing milk about a month or 2 ago, as with Ginger Kittys son, he also eats as he wants it, asks for more, leaves whatever when he's full. And again, going with Ginger Kitty, Charlie is eating for England too! Especially, prawns (Urghhh!!). Must be all at 'that age' . Oh and Charlies 19 months now!

Hi Gina, it's Sophie's mum from Jellies. Hope you and Charlie are doing ok. xx

I don't think there is a set age.Just go with what your lo is doing and see how it goes. I sometimes worry that my lo has too much milk but as he wants it I let hime have it. He's nearly 29 months and he still has it morning, afternoon and night and guzzles the lot!

Tegan's only 12 months and she's not a big fan of milk either. She has a 3oz bottle in the morning with one of her meds in, about 6oz at 2pm before her nap and she used to have a bottle at bedtime but she doesn't anymore.

Wolfcub stopped around 7 to 9 months. Depending on the size of your child and their individual needs, they often don't actually NEED milk in the night after 6 months if they are getting enough food in the day. Some demand it by habit, some for comfort, and some are thirsty but would do just as well with water...

babywiggle (10 months) hasn't had milk in the middle of the night (apart from the odd one off) for around 3 months I think (tho tis a bit of a blurr). His last milk feed before bed is (if he wants it) about 6-7pm. He was weaned onto adult solid finger food from 6 months (as he had teeth and refused a spoon) - don't know if this makes any difference?

Generally has 20-25oz forumla a day depending on his mood.

Is it possible its something in the cows milk he is missing that wakes him up - have you tried a gowing up milk late in the afternoon??

DD is 3 in October and would kill me if I tried to miss her night bottle.

My DD still has a drink of milk before bed and in the morning (sometimes 2 in a morning) and she is 3. So I guess it depends on the child. It's part of my DD's bedtime, and I did try to miss it once, but she told me she wanted her milk.