Driving lessons..

Oh my god.... thats what a driving instructor told my friend!!!!

What is the rate for lessons now days?

Oh my god.... thats what a driving instructor told my friend!!!!

What is the rate for lessons now days?

Looks like the driving instructor is trying to get more money out of your friend.

It's usually anything around £20, I pay £21 at the moment. But there are cheaper lessons available.

Yes, most instructors are around the £20/21 mark.

My Beginners' Course is £160 for the first 10 hours, then £20 an hour for Forum members or £21 for anyone else.

Also, if anyone is dis-satisfied with their current instructor & wishes to swap to us, we will match their normal hourly rate for the first 4 hours of tuition with us following whichjit will be the usual Forum rate.

Depending on where you are intending to travel to you may be wasting your time. Be sure to investigate the rules for whatever country you intend to drive in, as some require you've had the licence for a certain time, especially to rent cars.

cheers... i work in manchester twice a week and it takes me hours to get the train and metrolink.... if i could drive life would be easier.

I still didn't drive (despite being 25) until May. I quit my last job at the end of March, and needed to drive for my the new job I found. So I had to pass quick.

I bit the bullet and paid for a 5 day intensive residential course in Kings Lynn. It was a lot of fun, I had a great time, passed my test and had a bit of a holiday at the same time.

I went down on the train, and was picked up by my instructor (Pete), from the station. Then we did 5 hours a day Monday to Friday, with the test booked at 3pm on the Friday.

It was £750 all in (i.e. included course fees, accommodation, breakfasts, and the test fee). It might sound expensive, but I think that kind of tuition is far more beneficial than separate weekly lessons. The improvement I made in 25 continuous hours, was in my opinion greater than maybe 40-50 hours of weekly sessions.

The accommodation was brilliant too.

I can send you some details if you're interested?

I cant book a test as it says my number has not been recognised???

If I remember correctly my instructor gave me a number that i had 2 use when booking my test. Think it was his instructor number so the system could ensure he was available or something, Im sure Saxon will be able to explain that better.

I passed first time a couple of months ago after 4 months of lessons at 2 hours a week. I wouldn't advise rushing it, theres a lot to learn and remember and you need to build up the confidence before things sink in properly. A patient and experienced instructor will help you do this. These are usually best found through personal recommendation rather than randomly picking one from the phone book.

Theres are tons of recommendations on here and I would happily give you my instructors number. He teaches in a brand new ford focus which was heaven to learn in.

HTH and good luck :D

I am looking for a new instructor at the moment.

I was last learning with a guy I found most unhelpful, patronising, rude, arrogant and basically told me off rather than 'instructed' me. I stopped using him in March and havent yet got a new instructor.

I am wondering whether to try a lady instructor this time - does anyone have any recommendations please?

I work shift patterns on a 3 weekly basis; one week 8-4, one week 11-7 and the third week 9-5. For this reason I wouldnt be able to probably have the same lesson time each week and therefore flexibility would be appreciated. (Last instructor again most unhelpful, trying to 'slot me in' when it was convenient for him!

I have passed my theory test already and really should be cracking on with the practical now!!

Any recommendations appreciated. Oh, I live in Crookes just to let people know, so that you dont offer instructors who are far out!

Thank you! Sarah x

If I remember correctly my instructor gave me a number that i had 2 use when booking my test. Think it was his instructor number so the system could ensure he was available or something, Im sure Saxon will be able to explain that better.

I passed first time a couple of months ago after 4 months of lessons at 2 hours a week. I wouldn't advise rushing it, theres a lot to learn and remember and you need to build up the confidence before things sink in properly. A patient and experienced instructor will help you do this. These are usually best found through personal recommendation rather than randomly picking one from the phone book.

Theres are tons of recommendations on here and I would happily give you my instructors number. He teaches in a brand new ford focus which was heaven to learn in.

HTH and good luck :D

i can drive.... i got to the point of going for my practical... I dont come from sheffield so did not know who to pick

Hi Sarah

I'm sure we can help you. If you search the Forum, you'll find that we are well recommended.

I do have a lady instructor but unfortunately she doesn't cover your area. However, my colleague Gavin is very good and I can guarantee he won't shout at you.

Lesson price would be £20 per hour (£21 to non-Forum members)

i can drive.... i got to the point of going for my practical... I dont come from sheffield so did not know who to pick

Well I would personally recommend Jase from the AA and saxon has some excellent reviews. Theres 2 possible options, ill PM you his number if you like :)

I would 100% recommend Richard from Martin Woodward (lots of recommendations on here as well) He was the sweetest most patient instructor I had (I'd had a few) Nothing was to much trouble and he was keen to get me passed as soon as I was ready.

He's very flexable and will help you learn in a fun, relaxed and interesting way.

I passed 2nd time as the first time I was just to nervous and couldn't concentrate. I'd done really well up until the street away from the test centre where I went across the chevrons as I entered the lane to late (there wasn't anyone about but it's still a major and I failed) 2nd time I enjoyed actually and passed with 4 minors one of which the examiner couldn't recall what it was for as we were chatting so much!

Good luck!