Are Spiders getting bigger?

They freak me out big time. I had to kill one the other day that was in my room by throwing my purse at it.

As for spiders, they don't seem any bigger than they have been. They don't bother me though; a glass, a piece of paper, and they're out. :)

Why ?.... they're house spiders for heaven's sake !!

They kill and eat a lot of other little critters that can do your house a lot of damage.

Why ?.... they're house spiders for heaven's sake !!

They kill and eat a lot of other little critters that can do your house a lot of damage.

I'm hoping to find one big enough to eat the cat :hihi:

They freak me out big time. I had to kill one the other day that was in my room by throwing my purse at it.

Hope it wasn't a money spider - could be very bad luck :hihi:

I'm hoping to find one big enough to eat the cat :hihi:

Fun to watch a cat trying to eat a big spider with all the legs sticking out :D

I have THE biggest spider phobia ever. I hate the things!! I have actually caught a wasp before, to take it outside, but when i see a spider my parents have to deal with it! It's daft, i know, but i really can't help it!!

seriously, what a NIGHTMARE :o

It did make me jump because it landed right next to me with a right thump. But it didn't bother me because I don't mind spiders. I don't pick them up bare handed because they're poisonous but if it wasn't for that it wouldn't bother me to handle them.

Edited by Gothic_Angel

Hope it wasn't a money spider - could be very bad luck :hihi:

Not that big! And I am just bad luck all over anyway! :hihi:

They are getting bigger. There was one at my work last week and I swear it wasnt much smaller than a tarantula (there are two dead Ts at work at the min so I can verify this). I blame global warming!!!!!!!!:hihi:

did you know that the average person through there lifetime swallows around 4 spiders in there sleep!!!!!!

I'm glad to see there are some very reassuring comments to our phobic friends such as me!! If you only knew the true fear that an arachnophobic feels you wouldn't make such glib comments, although I do agree they are fascinating and graceful. i wish I could love them but you can't help being phobic, it truly is horrible and can rule your life sometimes, my sympathy to anyone who has this phobia. I do think there are some very big ones around and they normally start to come into houses around Sep-Oct, these are females looking for males to mate with, then they eat the males, they tend to hibernate in the winter months.

did you know that the average person through there lifetime swallows around 4 spiders in there sleep!!!!!!

I heard it was 8.