Free Wi-Fi in Sheffield City Centre

Don't Mcdonalds do free Wi-fi???

if u have a laptop then just install wifi hopper....

u will always find some unsecure connection...it works a treat :)

A lot of cafe's have wireless encryption on their wifi to stop the freeloaders.

The wifi is free, you just need to ask for the key and as long as you buy something.

There's always one who wants to criticize... But, OK. A quid, even two would be reasonable for bandwidth that's just sitting there. And it probably costs them, what, fifty quid a month for their ropey web service.

But as with all things, these companies are intent on fleecing us dry.

Don't mind paying for over priced coffee, but the internet is a bugbear with me.

I thinks it's also the fact that you pay for broadband at home already, so it is annoying to pay for it elsewhere on top of this.

Absolutely. I have a 20 meg wireless connection which I'm happy to share with the neighbours. Surely providing properly free wireless would be an incentive to get people to come to your cafe / bar rather than saying "free internet" to be told it's more than five quid an hour.

Which proves expensive when we're trying to have a meeting and we all need internet.

Absolutely. I have a 20 meg wireless connection which I'm happy to share with the neighbours.

:lol:

you do realise the dangers of this, don't you?

No. I know all my neighbours and they have my password.

I don't mean: I put it about with my neighbours... :)

No. I know all my neighbours and they have my password.

I don't mean: I put it about with my neighbours... :)

if they use your connection for anything untoward its your problem. they could hammer your connection without you noticing and rack up some huge costs.

if they use your connection for anything untoward its your problem. they could hammer your connection without you noticing and rack up some huge costs.

Or it will be your door that is broken down at 5am when the police come looking for members of the "Gary Glitter fan club" :hihi::hihi: