Internet ban on illegal downloading

i think the problem is that we have been ripped off for many many years in the uk paying through the nose for movies and music. true, the prices of these items have dropped a lot in recent years but it's only because they've been left with no choice! it wasn't a gesture of goodwill! if there was no internet, they'd still be ripping us off left right and centre

they then try and sell us a sob story about how illegal file sharing is costing the industry millions of pounds. perhaps they should have thought of that before when they were charging ridiculous prices knowing that we had to pay through the nose if we wanted the latest movie etc. perhaps if they'd have been more fair with their pricing from the start, many people would be more loyal to buying original copies

i agree that downloading illegal material is just like stealing. however, i do understand why people do it

If internet illegal downloads are banned then thepiratebay would not have existed.

If internet illegal downloads are banned then thepiratebay would not have existed.

I bet the piratebay owners wish they had not bothered now as they are

serving a 12 month sentence :hihi:

I bet the piratebay owners wish they had not bothered now as they are serving a 12 month sentence :hihi:

But the site is back, linking to torrents

I bet the piratebay owners wish they had not bothered now as they are

serving a 12 month sentence :hihi:

They have been sentenced to 12 months, but are not currently in jail. Appeal is pending.

All I'll say is google search "peer guardian" or "protowall"

All I'll say is google search "peer guardian" or "protowall"

And i'll say don't waste your time.

The companies who collect IPs on behalf of the media industry are not stupid, and are well aware of Peerguardian, etc. They do take steps to get around them, for example by changing the IPs they use quite regularly.

By the time they appear on PG's blocklist, the IP collectors have already changed to a new IP.

If you don't want your IP advertised to the whole world, don't use Torrents.

Edited by Agrajag

And i'll say don't waste your time.

The companies who collect IPs on behalf of the media industry are not stupid, and are well aware of Peerguardian, etc. They do take steps to get around them, for example by changing the IPs they use quite regularly.

By the time they appear on PG's blocklist, the IP collectors have already changed to a new IP.

If you don't want your IP advertised to the whole world, don't use Torrents.

I agree - Peer Guardian is pretty useless - it gives people a false sense of security.

As said before..

Just download to a seedbox overseas then ftp back to your home pc securely..

And u can seed your torrent on a Gbit line so your ratio goes

through the roof :thumbsup: