Worried about the number of missing cat threads

I've noticed in the last few days that there has been a massive surge in "missing cat" threads, all in a similar area (Crookes/ Walkley/ Malin Bridge/ Hillsborough).

This is worrying trend, and I am wondering if there's some professional cat-nappers hanging about, rounding pets up?

I seem to remember, over the last few years, there appear to be spates of cat-vanishings, where loads seem to go missing from a relatively smallish area, at a similar time.

My sister's beautiful 3 yr old Bengal boy went missing in March/ April, from the Bolsover area. They've not seen hide nor hair of him since. We think he was "pinched" as he was quite a valuable breed.

I said exactly the same thing last night - it is very worrying all these cats going missing...

Yes I have to agree, I have been wondering if it is just the usual cat wondering off time of year now it's warm, or if something more sinister is a foot, it might be as well to keep an eye on our cats and in particular don't let them out at night if it can be avoided.

i noticed it this morning too- especially as many people seem to live in the same area as me.

ill be keeping my eyes peeled, but i just hope they turn up home safe. :(

x

I believe cat pens are the best option. I mean you wouldnt allow your 2 year old child to go out alone at night or play by a main road or your dog for that matter. I know cats like to roam and explore, and some cats would not take to being caged in. But I find most cats adapt quite happily. If there is enough for them to enjoy, lots of places to lounge in the sun and run around. Even better if they are introduced from kittens. It gives you the peace of mind that your furry friend is safe and well without being locked indoors, and no danger of being hit by a cr, pinched or worse, also no more unhappy neighbours (cat poop in gardens) or dead birds!!

http://www.catsofaustralia.com/cat-enclosures.htm

The link is from Austrailian pens but it gives a good idea what can be done etc etc. All my cats live happily indoors with access to the pen and are all fine x

I found that this time of year people open there sheds and get gardening, cat goes into shed then gets locked in. Ask people in your are to check there sheds as the same happened to my cat last year