Can anyone recommend any small claims solicitors?

Hi,

or can anyone offer any legal advice?

my ex partner stole and sold my car without my permission. they car was in my name - i have all the log books and everything.

thanks in advance:)

i would have thought that your first call would be to the police.

if the car is worth less than £5000 then your probably best going through the small claims courts and you can do that without a solicitor.

called the poice and they have said its just a domestic and they are not getting involved

the car worth £4k

Hi,

or can anyone offer any legal advice?

my ex partner stole and sold my car without my permission. they car was in my name - i have all the log books and everything.

thanks in advance:)

What a scum bag, presumably if you tell the police there's a chance you can get the car back if he's sold it to some member of the public and not a crim

called the poice and they have said its just a domestic and they are not getting involved

the car worth £4k

At the very least, you should insist that the police record the car as stolen.

Without the log book, the new owner will have some trouble registering it and so you could end up getting speeding fines and all sorts of other problems to sort out.

Have you talked to your car insurance company? Some policies do provide additional legal cover which could help you.

You can use the small claims courts to try and get back the money. You don't need a solicitor for that.

i told the police and they contacted him - he then told them that i had given him the car.

which i didn't as the car is still in my name and i have the log books.

looking into the small claims court now - thanks :)

If you were feeling malicious, you could tell the insurance company, get the cover cancelled and then tell the police you know the location of an uninsured vehicle.

I presume you still have a set of keys? if you know where your legal property is, go and get it back. You have all the legal documentation to show its yours so what ground does the other person have. If they bought a car with no sight of log book to show ownership then more fool them.

Im not sure but someone would be able to enlighten me, if they went for insurance on it would it not show them as not the legal owner? hang on scrap that, they could drive as "another car on 3rd party"

And then get the locks changed on it.

If you were feeling malicious, you could tell the insurance company, get the cover cancelled and then tell the police you know the location of an uninsured vehicle.

i would hope that the person who bought the car would have insured it.

Im not sure but someone would be able to enlighten me, if they went for insurance on it would it not show them as not the legal owner? hang on scrap that, they could drive as "another car on 3rd party"

anyone who buys a car will probably be insuring it before the dvla will have had chance to update their systems. the new purchaser will just have to say that they are buying it, provide the registration number and maybe one or two bits of other information and the insurance company will start the policy.

I would ring the cops again and tell you want to report it as stolen . If youre no longer with this scumbag how can it be domestic?

theft is theft end of....

The next thing to consider is telling dvla it was stolen as if you dont then youre still responsible for it and if the new ''owner'' gets caught speeding/no insurance etc if its still registered in your name YOU will get the fine etc .