Should we kill wasps?

Would you kill wasp's  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you kill wasp's

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

A quite simple debate whether you would kill a wasp, or against the killing of them.

I find if you leave them be they'll fly away.

My natural instinct is to defend myself against it...usually that means trying to bat it towards an open window.

I would never rescue one from a spider's web and carry it gently to the window, I do that for bees though

My natural instinct is to defend myself against it...usually that means trying to bat it towards an open window.

I would never rescue one from a spider's web and carry it gently to the window, I do that for bees though

me three

i dont kill em, but i do bat em if they get too close, and i wouldnt save em if theyre gonna get venomised

If one gets inside my home I just open a window or door and point to it saying "that way"....and I haven't had one that hasn't complied yet.

Quite recently at a Christian Rally in Trafalgar Square London I was eating a sandwich and I noticed a wasp had taken interest.....I never liked wasps and would once have flayled my arms about in windmill fashion trying to shoo away the pesky insect.....however feeling in a Christian mood I let the wasp settle on the sarny a few times and then I opened it up and was fascinated as the wasp scraped a bit of the bread and butter twice and tucked it away and then flew off.

It made me feel quite humbled that I had shared my lunch with one of God's little creatures :love:

Simples! Kill wasps .................

Quoting a popular advert doesn't lend any weight to your posts...why do you want to kill wasps? Are you a waspist?

If one gets inside my home I just open a window or door and point to it saying "that way"....and I haven't had one that hasn't complied yet.

Quite recently at a Christian Rally in Trafalgar Square London I was eating a sandwich and I noticed a wasp had taken interest.....I never liked wasps and would once have flayled my arms about in windmill fashion trying to shoo away the pesky insect.....however feeling in a Christian mood I let the wasp settle on the sarny a few times and then I opened it up and was fascinated as the wasp scraped a bit of the bread and butter twice and tucked it away and then flew off.

It made me feel quite humbled that I had shared my lunch with one of God's little creatures :love:

Awwwww

Not that I'm a God botherer but I do believe things have their place...wasps are a vital and useful member of society, but we just don't realise it.

Edited by taxman

After having my 2 year old stung, when she showed no fear and did not move towards it, I kill them every time.

I always kill wasps if i see one in my house! I got stung by one a few years back and hate them even more ever since, I find that they sting you for no reason that's what i hate about them and they just follow you if you try and move out of the way.

I don't kill wasps if I can help it, even though I'm allergic to their sting

ya shouldnt kill anything. Everything has the right to live, pesky or not!!! You cant get in to the mind of a wasp so you dont know its stinging for no reason, maybe its a bit scared , having a bad day or just peed off you are stopping it having its lunch. That poor wasp may not have eaten for days!!! And yes I have been stung by a wasp and it did hurt, so has my cat!!! I still wouldnt kill one:hihi: Live and let live

Any incect that briefly visits plants has the potential to pollinate and with bee's struggling at the moment we could use all the help we can get.

I havent seen many bee's at all on my garden but have noticed an increase in ants up and down my fruit tree's so I attribute the crop I have had this year to the ants daft as that may sound.