Aston Juniors Football Gala This Weekend !!!

THIS WEEKEND IS ACCORDING TO THE WEATHERMAN GOING TO BE SCORCHIO !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME AND WATCH SOME KIDS HAVING A GREAT TIME PLAYING FOOTBALL THEN CALL ACROSS AT THE SWALLOWNEST MINERS WELFARE CLUB ON CHESTERFIELD ROAD AT SWALLOWNEST.

MATCHES START ON BOTH DAYS FROM 09.30HRS AND THERE ARE REFRESHMENTS AND DRINKS ON SITE.

ADDITIONAL CAR PARKING IS AVAILABLE AT THE WETHERBYPUBLIC HOUSE AT THE JUNCTION OF CHESTERFIELD ROAD AND PARK HILL, SWALLOWNEST.

COME ALONG AND HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HELP US TO SUPPORT THE KIDS.

MANY THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS FOR THE EVENT,

ASTON CUM AUGHTON PARISH COUNCIL.

THE IBIS HOTEL GROUP.

DODDS TRANSPORT GROUP.

HORIZON SCHOOL OF MOTORING.

THE SHEFFIELD STAR.

B+R SERVICES YORKSHIRE.

THE WETHERBY PUBLIC HOUSE.

SOUTH YORKSHIRE POLICE.

MORRISONS, CATCLIFFE.

VISION 2000 TROPHIES.

COME ALONG AND HAVE A WEEKENDS ENTERTAINMENT.

i used to love playing these tournements like this when i was younger!!

Loughborough was my favourite :D

Not be as good as at Aston Comp. Probably lack of interest by the organisers. Could not cope with a big event.

DESY,

YES WE CAN COPE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY ASTON COMP PRICED THEMSELVES OUT OF THE MARKET AS WE ARE IN THE GAME TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE KIDS IN THE CLUB AND NOT PAY OUT LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO THE COMP.

AS WE DO NOT ACTUALLY HAVE OUR HOME GROUND AS SUCH, WE HAVE TO GET THE BEST VENUE FOR THE MONEY AND THIS IS WHAT WE KINDLY GET MADE AVALIABLE TO US BY THE SWALLOWNEST MINERS WELFARE CLUB.

THE RECENT AWARDING BY THE FA OF A CHARTER STANDARD AWARD TO THE CLUB SHOULD HELP US TO ADDRESS OUR FUTURE FUNDING ISSUES AND HELP TOWARD US OBTAINING SOMEWHERE WE CAN CALL HOME WHICH IS WHERE WE WILL HOPEFULLY FINISH UP HOLDING ALL OUR COMPETITIONS.

Try asking Gerald Smith what happened to promise of Aston having there a load of pitches of there own at what is going to be the Waverley Development. The one eyed scotsman will bury his head probably because there use has gone.

Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder about something, desy. I don't think a public forum like this is somewhere to voice it.

That aside public servants such as local councillors should be called to book when they promise things. for example land at the Orgeave end of the open cast site for Aston to have there own pitches together. Also the member of there committee that promised also that he would make there voice heard as he was a govener. Then they go and price them of it. That is nothing to do with a chip it is to do with people stating things when they are in public office to an organisation that is very big in there community.

DEAR DESY,

BEEN A BIT BUSY OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS HELPING TO RUN AN EXCELLENT, SUCCESSFUL 2 DAY FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT FOR ASTON JUNIORS WITH BRILLIANT WEATHER TO BOOT (SORRY ABOUT THE PUN) !

INTERESTING TO SEE THE COMMENT ABOUT THE WAVERLEY OPTION WHICH I HAD NOT HEARD ABOUT BUT WILL BE MOST CERTAINLY BE BRINGING UP AT THE NEXT MANAGERS MEETING.

THE COMMENT YOU MADE IN YOUR LAST ENTRY ABOUT PEOPLE IN PUBLIC OFFICE SHOULD BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS, COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE WITHIN THOSE CIRCLES AND THINGS OFTEN GOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT AND BRUSHED ASIDE,AS WE CURRENTLY FIND OURSELF EXPERIENCING WITH THE CURRENT ESTABLISHMENT WHO RUSH US OFF TO WARS ON BUSHS COAT TAILS AND THEN THEY CANNOT EVEN SORT OUT STUFF ON OUR OWN DOORSTOP AS THE FRENCH LOOK TO STITCH US UP YET AGAIN.

WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPLORING OPTIONS FOR THE IDEA OF A LOCAL HOME FOR THE CLUB SO I WILL BE ENQUIRING ABOUT THE WAVERLEY IDEA.

PERSONALLY I WOULD SUGGEST THAT IT IS A BIT FAR AWAY BUT THEN MIDDLEWOOD ROVERS PLAY AT THE BOTTOM OF WAVERLEY LANE ON THEIR GROUND SO SOMETIMES DISTANCE AND LOCATION CAN BE OVERCOME.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFO AS YOU WOULD APPEAR TO BE FROM OUR NECK OF THE WOODS (J31) AND SEEM TO HAVE A BIT OF KNOWLEDGE OF STUFF THAT HAS GONE OFF IN THE PAST LET ME KNOW WITH A PM.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CHEERS TAZMAN.